Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       Iomega portable E-go USB 3.0, Doesn't work
    Bommetje88
    post Mar 14 2011, 08:38 AM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 48,333

Hi,

Since I got my WD TV HD I used a iomega portable disk to watch movies. This drive didn't work anymore so I bought a new iomega protable e-go 320 GB USB 3.0 drive with backwards compatibility to USB 2.0.

This drive works perfect on my computer and on my Samsung TV (via USB HDD port) but it doesn't work on the WDTV HD. I also tried plugging in the second USB port (for extra power) in the second USB port but that also didn't work.

Does anyone know if the WDTV HD can work with USB 3.0 with backward compatibility for USB 2.0?

Thanks.
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Mar 14 2011, 08:38 AM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Mar 14 2011, 10:01 AM
    Post #2

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

Haven't tried it yet, but would love to know the answer as well, since I'll be buying some USB 3.0 drives too later. Care to ask WD Support and let us know?

+Quote Post
    Rev Drew
    post Mar 14 2011, 05:40 PM
    Post #3

Global Moderator
    Group Icon

Group: Global Mod :: Site Supporter
    Member No.: 10

I would say no to a bus powered drive, a drive with it's own power supply should work fine though.

but FYI, iomega drives are crap. I just returned a 1TB portable one that I got a damn good deal on but it keeps disconnecting from my PC, I couldn't even download the contents of my work FTP and it's only about 85GB. my 250GB portable seagate works flawlessly. I wont try another iomegs drive, no matter how good the price.. bad experience for me so I don't like them, if others have good luck with them, good for you.

I am currently in the market for a 1TB or larger portable drive, quality first, price second.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 23rd September 2014 - 12:18 AM