Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       Graphics Issue in NetFlix App
    TE5LA
    post Jan 31 2012, 09:12 PM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 103,989

I am connected via RGB to a 42" Sony Wega TV. When launching NetFlix, everything is super sharp and perfect. The text has no fuzziness at all. After playing any video and returning to the NetFLix screen, everything is fuzzy and the text is nearly unreadable. If I exit the NetFlix application and restart it, everything is perfect again. During this event, the TV's own onscreen menu system is not affected, so it's not the television doing this.

The other oddity I have noticed is, if the video output mode of the box is changed to "Component 1080i", "Component 720p", or whatever, when returning to that menu after the box has been turned off will show that the setting has reverted to "Composite". Why is this?

Firmware version is latest (3.01.19).
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Jan 31 2012, 09:12 PM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    TE5LA
    post Feb 1 2012, 07:07 PM
    Post #2

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 103,989

I guess the answer is a moot point now. I tried downgrading firmware as per WD Support's suggestion and now my box will not boot at all. I guess it's going back to the retailer and I will look for another brand of streaming box.

Yes, everything was followed to the letter for downgrading. I have been a computer techie for over 30 years.

+Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Feb 2 2012, 06:00 AM
    Post #3

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

As a last ditch effort if you're interested of course, try editing the .VER file (see Tutorials section), insert the USB stick with the FW and then plug in the power cord. Wait a bit and the player might detect the FW and go into auto-flash mode.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 10:53 PM