Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       play menu for dvd and cd
    sam111
    post Jan 17 2010, 12:13 PM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 11,268

hello
    please add dvd and cd menu and select chapter on next firmware.

tanks

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Jan 17 2010, 12:13 PM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Jan 17 2010, 12:29 PM
    Post #2

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

I'm pretty sure pigs will fly before this is ever implemented... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post
    Tsigeti
    post Jan 27 2010, 01:54 AM
    Post #3

WDTV USER

Member No.: 11,662

Is there some reason why it is not available? I may be ignorant on the subject, but I would think having functioning menus would not be that difficult to provide.

+Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Jan 27 2010, 05:13 AM
    Post #4

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Well, the reason it's not available IMO is that WD simply chooses for some reason not to make it available, or is too lazy (or worse incompetent) to implement it despite users clamouring for it for ages. Other boxes have this, so it's certainly not impossible to do, plus I don't know of any licensing fees required for displaying a DVD's menus, over and above any required for displaying the movie itself. So unless WD gets off its backside and does something about this, end of story and any further discussion is useless.

If you really feel that strongly about DVD menu support, get another player. That's one of the reasons why I plan to look at other offerings for my 2nd unit instead of blindly buying another WD TV, since other companies have moved on and released better models, but WD seems to be resting on their laurels, for what that's worth. If they can't be bothered to listen to their users and fix the simplest of bugs, leave alone implement new features, then... Of course, none of this takes away from the fact that the unit does play all my HD videos beautifully, but if for a similar price I can get something that does all it does and more, then why not?

+Quote Post
    flyerdie
    post Aug 21 2010, 04:18 PM
    Post #5

WDTV USER

Member No.: 24,221

Now it's available for WDTV Live, why not for WDTV??

+Quote Post
    Rev Drew
    post Aug 22 2010, 05:39 AM
    Post #6

Global Moderator
    Group Icon

Group: Global Mod :: Site Supporter
    Member No.: 10

the WDTV is not likely to get any more updates, seems they have moved on to other players instead of taking care of current consumers, they want more of them, sooner or later we will all be pissed off enough to move on and that will leave them wondering WTF happened..

however we all know they are bringing this on themselves..

+Quote Post
    flyerdie
    post Aug 22 2010, 12:21 PM
    Post #7

WDTV USER

Member No.: 24,221

But with something like B-rad firmware versions could not add?

That firmware adds wifi connectivity to WDTV (only available in Live version according WD comparison table), maybe can do that too.

+Quote Post
    Rev Drew
    post Aug 22 2010, 03:54 PM
    Post #8

Global Moderator
    Group Icon

he is looking at bug fixes only, when he has time. no new features was what he said..

you may want to contact him directly and see is he changed his mind though..

b-rad.cc

+Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Aug 22 2010, 06:09 PM
    Post #9

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

I'm pretty sure if b-rad could do it, he'd have done so already. After all, it took ages and the Live Plus to be released before the Live got DVD menu support (which BTW is still not available in a stable FW release yet). So if b-rad couldn't add DVD menu support to the Live so far, I don't think there's a high probability of him doing it for the Gen. 2.

+Quote Post
    GROBES
    post Sep 14 2010, 03:15 AM
    Post #10

WDTV USER

Member No.: 25,759

I bought it in Spain 6 months ago, and they told me that the only different with the live model is that do not support network. (I do not have network, so I bought the cheaper)

Now, I see that the live is going to support DVD navegation and then I ask the same for the WDTV. Otherwase, I feel that someone had pull my legĦĦĦ and I will change to other manufacturer (I use only WD for play and hard drives, but ..... )

+Quote Post
    Rev Drew
    post Sep 14 2010, 03:57 AM
    Post #11

Global Moderator
    Group Icon

well GROBES, WD likely never comes here, we aren't going to pressure you to keep a player that doesn't work for you and new firmware isn't going to happen, if that means you are going to change players, do your research first so you aren't wasting money.

good luck to you, let us know what you ended up getting when you have made your decision.

cheers

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 12:23 PM