Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       Subtitle
    robex
    post May 8 2010, 08:38 AM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 18,534

It would be nice if the developers would consider adding an outline option to the subtitle. I know it's a low cost unit but come on, on bright screens , it is almost impossible to read the subtitle! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post May 8 2010, 08:38 AM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    ixtis
    post May 13 2010, 04:51 PM
    Post #2

WDTV USER

Member No.: 18,843

In OFFICIAL firmware 1.00.60 subtitles it`s TOO small (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) . Make larger, please.

+Quote Post
    pofke
    post May 23 2010, 10:22 AM
    Post #3

WDTV USER

Member No.: 19,361

Is it possible to have subtitles color to? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) maybe in a file convert to ssa? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post
    brforce
    post Jul 24 2010, 11:31 PM
    Post #4

WDTV USER

Member No.: 6,202

QUOTE (robex @ May 8 2010, 07:38 AM) *
    It would be nice if the developers would consider adding an outline option to the subtitle. I know it's a low cost unit but come on, on bright screens , it is almost impossible to read the subtitle! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Exact!
    outline option to the subtitle
    or color maybe yellow.

+Quote Post
    WD_TV_Mini User
    post Oct 7 2010, 08:07 AM
    Post #5

WDTV SEMI-PRO

Member No.: 27,309

My wishlist concerning subtitles is as follows:

- thicker outline
    - possibility to add backshadow
    - possibility to change subtitles color
    - possibility to adjust subtitles size
    - possibility to adjust subtitles position
    - possibility to adjust subtitles time
    - autoloading of subtitles once a movie is started
    - .txt file format support

However, even though some of the aforementioned features are A MUST, I already know that they are just a plain dream, as one of the staff members on WD Community forum stated on May 3rd the following:

For WDTV Mini, we are not able to make these improvements due to system limitation as this is a lower cost platform. (...)

Link: http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-HD-Mini-...les/idi-p/14850

Sad but true.

+Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Oct 8 2010, 10:22 AM
    Post #6

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

QUOTE (WD_TV_Mini User @ Oct 7 2010, 07:37 PM) *
    However, even though some of the aforementioned features are A MUST, I already know that they are just a plain dream, as one of the staff members on WD Community forum stated on May 3rd the following:

For WDTV Mini, we are not able to make these improvements due to system limitation as this is a lower cost platform. (...)

Sad but true.

Sad, yes. But is it true? For all you know, what they really meant to say was, "For WDTV Mini, we are not able to make these improvements as this is a lower cost platform." Personally, I find this much more likely.

P.S. They also said, "We will see if we can work on this for WDTV HD." Yeah right, like that's happening any time soon.

+Quote Post
    WD_TV_Mini User
    post Oct 9 2010, 04:16 PM
    Post #7

WDTV SEMI-PRO

Member No.: 27,309

QUOTE (WDUser @ Oct 8 2010, 05:22 PM) *
    For all you know, what they really meant to say was, "For WDTV Mini, we are not able to make these improvements as this is a lower cost platform." Personally, I find this much more likely.

Yep. It seems that it hasn't sold well, so there is no point for WD to support a device with such a poor user count.

+Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Oct 9 2010, 08:31 PM
    Post #8

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

Sure they might save some resources, but quite obviously it's not something that'll make Mini users happy. I know I would be cursing them for sure (as indeed I do for my Gen. 1 whenever I encounter bugs that'll never be fixed...) Going the extra mile and incurring short-term losses might well be advisable as it's sure to result in repeat business with the Mini users moving on to the more powerful models (which is what WD eagerly wants in any case). Instead now Mini users are sure to go with some other brand when they inevitably move on to watching high-def content. WD ought to think of long-term gains, but of course they are short-sighted and narrow-minded and it's too much to expect of them.

P.S. I'd even argue that their market research was useless just like the rest of their departments, and that they shouldn't have released the Mini at all considering the increasing number of BluRay players and HD TVs being sold.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 12:42 AM