Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       How to Play VOB Files
    peteyb
    post Jul 12 2010, 07:28 PM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 22,017

Everytime I decrypt a DVD and put the VIDEO_TS folder onto an external hdd, My WDTV plays them out of order. By out of order I mean that this particular disc is part of a tv show, and I will get random scenes from all the episodes on the disc in a random order.

Can anyone help?

Also, I heard from some people on this site that there is finally a way to get DVD menus and navigation now, however I have looked and cannot find any info on it. Is this feature only available with the LIVE and the new PLUS models?

Thanks in advance.
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Jul 12 2010, 07:28 PM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Jul 13 2010, 10:00 AM
    Post #2

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

There's a bug in that VOBs apparently play in order of decreasing file size or something (I know, weird, right? Then again, not so weird if you know WD's track record with firmware releases...)

Rip your DVDs as single lossless MKVs instead using MakeMKV and all should be fine.

As for DVD menu support, the Live Plus has it already and the Live should too when the next FW update comes out. There's no news at this time as to whether the feature will ever come to the Gen. 2, even though there's absolutely no reason not to since the Gen. 2 and Live have the same decoding chip inside. I suggest you write to WD Support and also post on the official forum and let them know in no uncertain terms that Gen. 2 owners would like to see this feature implemented as well ASAP.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 01:53 AM