Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
       WD HD TV, isn't working
    Burn2Hell
    post Aug 9 2010, 12:15 PM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 23,565

I bought a new WD HD TV, pluged on the tv. Power on ect. i see the logo but after that i wana poweron the device but it isnt turning on.

some1 know how to see of the firmware is damaged or something else?
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Aug 9 2010, 12:15 PM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    j2000
    post Aug 10 2010, 07:46 AM
    Post #2

WDTV SEMI-PRO

Member No.: 22,815

What indications do you get on the front of the device at various stages? Does the standby light go off on the front of the device when you lose the logo on your tv screen?

If you have a Hard drive with a light on does the light start flashing? Does your TV say No Signal? Are you sure the device is off or maybe your TV cant display the signal?

I think if you know your TV is good then it could be the firmware. I have also heard of people needing to fiddle with the HDMI cable to get a signal.

+Quote Post
    Burn2Hell
    post Aug 10 2010, 10:56 AM
    Post #3

WDTV USER

If i turn the power on with the powersupply, it will show the logo for 2 sec on the screen end then its powering off. (Usauly the screen will be snow/blue if the tv gets no signal but my tv keeps be black, normaly blue)
    If i plug a external harddisk or usb on it, the device is giving full power to it. It not reading but giving the enough power to it. It giving full power but the usb led on the front isn't burning.
    It did try the hdmi cable on 2 tv's and i also tried with the Video/Audio[R][L], only the logo will show if i plug the powersupply in the hole.
    I checked the infra-red with a camara, if you filming when you pressing the button on the remote you will see it flashing. The remote is working i think.
    If i connect the device to the TV the device powerled is at standby i thing, the led is a little bright,

I have a hdmi cable 1.4 and 1.3 with golden connectors. Only 1.5m long.

+Quote Post
    j2000
    post Aug 10 2010, 12:24 PM
    Post #4

WDTV SEMI-PRO

Member No.: 22,815

Have you tried the reset button on the left side of the unit. Near USB 1, push a pin in for 10 secs to reset the unit after booting up.

If that does not work then it does seem like you have a problem with the device. If its new you should contact WD for further advice or just return it for a replacement.

I am not sure if you will be able to reinstall the firmware because if the previous firmware is corrupt then the device may be bricked. If you dont have a guarantee then i guess you could try it but you should wait for further advice because i am quite new with the WD TV myself.

Did you get the box in this condition or did you try to install a new firmware?

+Quote Post
    Burn2Hell
    post Aug 10 2010, 04:13 PM
    Post #5

WDTV USER

I have tried the reset for like 4 times, no result.

Also i was been looking for a newer firmware, only possible to put it on if you can get in the menu.

The device is brand new. (not even 1 hour out of the box, right from the store)

+Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Aug 14 2010, 11:27 AM
    Post #6

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

QUOTE (Burn2Hell @ Aug 11 2010, 02:43 AM) *
    Also i was been looking for a newer firmware, only possible to put it on if you can get in the menu.

Not entirely true. You can update the FW if the player detects it while booting up. See this topic for more. However, since you have a brand new box, I recommend you get it replaced for complete peace of mind. If you don't, who knows what other issues it may exhibit later, when the replacement period is over?

+Quote Post
    Burn2Hell
    post Aug 14 2010, 02:47 PM
    Post #7

WDTV USER

I HAVE A NEW ONE NOW, YEAH ITS ROCKS. Working 100% love it.

This topic can be closed

I like this forum, good people.

+Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Aug 14 2010, 03:25 PM
    Post #8

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

Enjoy your player! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 10:13 PM