Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       Video horribly stuttering while playing M2TS
    Wiidsmoker
    post Aug 21 2010, 07:50 AM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 24,126

Sorry M2TS

I have a bunch of Blu-Ray iso on my 7200 RPM 1 TB drive. My PC is Gigabit as with my Switch. Every device is running CAT6 ethernet cabling. When trying to play the Blu-Ray ISO, it says cannot play this file, but can play the movie inside. Perfectly fine with me. Everything starts out great, Image and sound quality are perfect. Then after about a minute and a half everything goes down south. The image stutters and the audio drops in and out. Thinking it might have to do with it being an ISO, I ripped the M2TS file out of there and played that directly. Well it did the same thing.

I'm on the latest firmware as well. My PS3 plays these files just fine.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
    Reason for edit: Edited title for you
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Aug 21 2010, 07:50 AM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    Rev Drew
    post Aug 21 2010, 10:40 AM
    Post #2

Global Moderator
    Group Icon

Group: Global Mod :: Site Supporter
    Member No.: 10

how is everything hooked up? is the drive hooked up to the live or you PC?
    file system of the drive is??
    streaming from windows to any of the WDTV series players requires NFS for anything higher res than 720P

you can have fiber running and it wont make a difference, windows to WDTV - requires NFS for anything 1080.
    the wdtv network adapters are all 100MB so far, that is fine for streaming if it's setup correctly.

Linux or mac may be a different solution but without your info it's all guess work..

+Quote Post
    Wiidsmoker
    post Aug 21 2010, 01:13 PM
    Post #3

WDTV USER

Hi there. Basically, I'm right clicking on a folder to share it. Then under security tab, I'm adding "Everyone" with Read permissions. Am I doing this completely wrong? Is there a guide to set this up properly.

+Quote Post
    Rev Drew
    post Aug 22 2010, 05:57 AM
    Post #4

Global Moderator
    Group Icon

nope, you are using Windows, like I said, unless you are running NFS, 1080p will not stream properly for you

either get an NFS program running and use an NFS share or use an external hard drive on your media player, there is no other solution.

+Quote Post
    Wiidsmoker
    post Aug 22 2010, 09:39 AM
    Post #5

WDTV USER

What NFS programs for Windows 7 are there?

+Quote Post
    Rev Drew
    post Aug 22 2010, 04:11 PM
    Post #6

Global Moderator
    Group Icon

7 ultimate has it built in...
    I haven't tried it on 7 as I only stream tv shows, all 720 and work fine for me.

I prefer to use an external drive on my WDTV for best performance, ease of use and turn it off when not using it for longer life.
    4 X 1TB all full, using a USB HDD dock at my pc and the wdtv..

hanewin, I know XP had one built in you could add through add / remove windows components, not sure about other versions of 7, there are others too..

I was going to try it with 7 here but am happy with my setup so I didn't bother - perhaps some snowy day this winter when I have some time in between shoveling..

+Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Aug 22 2010, 06:28 PM
    Post #7

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

For Win7's in-built NFS feature (which isn't installed by default), you'll need to install the Client Services for NFS under Windows. See here for more or simply Google. However, I don't think Win7 includes an NFS server, which is what is really required. AFAIK, only Windows Server editions include the Server for NFS component.

You can try the haneWIN NFS Server on Win7 as detailed here. This video tutorial might help as well.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 01:02 PM