Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       subtitles bugs
    redhk886
    post Aug 30 2010, 12:30 PM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 15,417

I've had the mini for a few months now,I use it mainly to play .rmvb & .avi ,99% of .rmvb I tried works,just the odd one or two..all avi i've tried works just that when i'm loading subs with the avi file it takes ages 20-40secs ,the 2nd bug is very weird never seen before..what happens is every time theres subs the screen goes black with only the subs and like 5cm of the movie left.once theres no subs the movie goes back to normal..so have to switch off subs to watch the movie..
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Aug 30 2010, 12:30 PM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Aug 30 2010, 12:40 PM
    Post #2

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

Do you have the latest firmware?

What format subs are you using - text format .SRTs? Maybe the problem is with the encoding used. You can try opening them in Notepad, then Save As, and select ANSI from the Encoding drop-down. Remember to save with quotes as "Movie Name.srt" (backup the original first before overwriting it), or else Notepad will make it Move Name.srt.txt

P.S. If the .SRTs are already ANSI-encoded, try Unicode or UTF-8 instead and see if that helps.

+Quote Post
    redhk886
    post Aug 31 2010, 12:18 AM
    Post #3

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 15,417

i have the latest firmware...the sub files are .sub..file size is 30-40mb..cant load it in notepad just freezes

+Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Aug 31 2010, 04:34 PM
    Post #4

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

Most probably those are binary files, plus Notepad of course is useless when it comes to large files. Wordpad is much better, but if it's a binary file and not text, no use opening it in a text editor.

Your best bet is to search the net and find matching .SRTs for your movies. Try those instead of the .SUBs (remove the .SUBs from the movie folder while testing so as not to cause a conflict). Since .SRTs are plain text and thus quite small (typically much less than 1 MB in size), they should load much faster too.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 12:40 PM