Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       No audio at all
    Brodster
    post Oct 18 2010, 07:58 AM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 28,531

Hi to all,

I have just purchased the HD TV Mini media player as I thought it was a cracking way of playing all my AVI Files (films) on my new Panasonic HD TV.

One huge problem.....I have NO audio at all. Thats when playing MP3, MP4 music files and all AVI files. Now Im not a genius when it comes to gadgets but I reckon its something to do with my TV?????? as I have read other forums and the music side of it normally works.

I have upgraded the firmware to the latest version to see if that would make a difference but it hasnt.

I keep hearing about DTS but have NO idea what that meanss so can anyone help me PLEASE.

Regards

Mark

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Oct 18 2010, 07:58 AM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    Brodster
    post Oct 18 2010, 09:06 AM
    Post #2

WDTV USER

Thanx for the links but what use are they to me?

I have Win DVD Convertor but why should I convert them or what should I convert them to????

Need to spell it out Noddy Style coz I is confused as to why theres no sound.

Regards

Mark

+Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Oct 20 2010, 02:59 AM
    Post #3

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

Download and run MediaInfo on your files. Then check in the Mini's manual whether the audio codecs being used are supported by the player or not.

Also, how are you connecting the device to your TV/receiver?

P.S. If it can't even play 128 kbps MP3s then there's something quite wrong, either with the audio connection/cable, or your TV's audio port, or maybe the player itself.

+Quote Post
    Brodster
    post Oct 22 2010, 01:52 AM
    Post #4

WDTV USER

Did all that and its all supported. Checked the bitrate in both music and AVI's. Ranges from 128 to 448 so player should be able to play all of it. Going to return the player today from where it was purchased and get it swapped. Fingers crossed.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 07:51 PM