Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       Network shares won't update
    wiggim
    post Nov 1 2010, 05:24 PM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 29,530

everything has to be in the same workgroup.
    The now problem is the network shares won't update unless I pull the plug.
    If I add files to the share the live hub won't refresh and let me play them, without a hard reset.

Is there a refresh I missed somewhere? Anyone else with this problem?-same shares on the wdtv live refresh fine.
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Nov 1 2010, 05:24 PM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    winemarshal
    post Nov 11 2010, 06:50 PM
    Post #2

WDTV USER

Member No.: 30,582

Try turning off media library then turning it back on. I believe it is under setup, system.

+Quote Post
    TheMocoMan
    post Nov 14 2010, 06:59 PM
    Post #3

WDTV USER

Member No.: 23,349

Yeah it's some bullcrap. Only way I get around this is to keep adding it to the workgroup and then it says "restarting network service" then I hit my share again and the new media is there.

+Quote Post
    DavidSmith
    post Nov 22 2010, 10:08 AM
    Post #4

WDTV USER

Member No.: 31,084

I still have been unable to get the WDTV LIVE HUB to see any Network Shares on my network. The same issue happened with my WDTV LIVE with the Firmware Upgrade from last week. After the upgrade the system could not access the network shares. I downgraded the WDTV LIVE and it is back to being functional.

There has to be some underlying issue which is causing these sorts of problems. I think I am going to return my WDTV LIVE HUB...

+Quote Post
    Richard Nunez
    post Nov 30 2010, 01:00 PM
    Post #5

WDTV USER

Member No.: 31,234

I just read on another forum that this is caused by Windows Live Essentials. The security modal for SAMBA changes when this software is install. Some people have reported that an uninstall of Essentials works others reported they had to revert windows back to a state BEFORE Essentials was installed.

+Quote Post
    weezypenguin
    post Dec 22 2010, 07:14 PM
    Post #6

WDTV EXPERT

Member No.: 1,339

so unistall windows live essentials and this fixs the problem. ecause it is most annoying. other than that it is sweet as a nut.

+Quote Post
    AdmiralXizor
    post Dec 28 2010, 10:37 AM
    Post #7

WDTV USER

Member No.: 34,378

The Live hub was working great with the files that I had on my USB drive when I first plugged everything up - was in heaven for a week!

But...

I added a bunch of files to the USB drive I have hooked up to the Live Hub, and to the hard drive of the Hub itself. When I try to play any file (music or video) they don't play - for the videos I get a blank screen with the orange circular arrow thingy, and for music it sees the album art, file name, etc., but when I click play it says playing but no sound.

This happens for the files that originally used to play as well as the ones I had copied over last night.

The funny thing is that I can stream the media FROM the Hub to laptops on the network; they just don't play on the Hub itself.

Is this the situation where i need to reset the box every time I move a bunch of files over via the network? Or does it take a long time to redo the library (I moved over about 30GB of files)?

+Quote Post
    Rev Drew
    post Dec 28 2010, 11:22 AM
    Post #8

Global Moderator
    Group Icon

Group: Global Mod :: Site Supporter
    Member No.: 10

sounds like the header compression issue..
    I don't know if the hub suffers from that like the other players or not, you would think it was taken care of on the newest player..

they say it's fixed on the live and live plus with newer firmware, I would think it's given it's a non issue for the hub but I don't have one so I don't know for sure.

+Quote Post
    Shrimpyaab
    post Dec 28 2010, 11:18 PM
    Post #9

WDTV USER

Member No.: 35,754

I have the same problem. Pulling the plug (hard reset) and clearing media library seem to be the work around for me. It's a pain because it has to recompile everything.

+Quote Post
    Jouni Ukkonen
    post Jan 3 2011, 02:38 PM
    Post #10

WDTV USER

Member No.: 36,612

I have same issue, network functionality 100% crap. Everytime I add one file to my server this piece of crap needs to compile half an hour media library.

+Quote Post
    pacboy
    post Jan 20 2011, 10:30 PM
    Post #11

WDTV USER

Member No.: 39,159

Mine too , WDTV Live Hub is really buggy, can't see new content, need to clear login everytime i want to access network share after full shut down my PC otherwise it just keep searching network share, hope WD can fix it soon

+Quote Post
    Rev Drew
    post Jan 21 2011, 04:52 AM
    Post #12

Global Moderator
    Group Icon

Group: Global Mod :: Site Supporter
    Member No.: 10

sounds like I should be very happy I don't own one of these.

+Quote Post
    WaynesNside
    post Feb 5 2011, 05:16 PM
    Post #13

WDTV PRO

Member No.: 8,953

Yes this is pretty annoying I have to agree. I usually copy/paste to folders to drives connected directly to my hub, but lately I have been trying to play files through my network to test them first and can't see them. So I have been pulling the plug more often the last few days. Irritating oh yes.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 10:15 AM