Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       Vertical Scolling on my WDTV Full HD Media Player
    Danno J
    post Nov 6 2010, 11:04 AM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 30,158

I have a WDTV Full HD Medial Player that is stuck in a vertical scrolling pattern. I have tried it on multiple televisions (not HD). How do I fix this? It is a recertified WDAVP00BE unit.
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Nov 6 2010, 11:04 AM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Nov 6 2010, 04:14 PM
    Post #2

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

You mean the image keeps scrolling vertically in a loop? How's the unit connected to the TV? Try both composite and HDMI. Has this problem started recently, or did the recertified unit behave this way ever since you got it? If the latter, most probably the unit's bad.

+Quote Post
    Danno J
    post Nov 6 2010, 04:34 PM
    Post #3

WDTV USER

Member No.: 30,158

You can't really read the image because it scrolls in a loop. I am using the composite (yellow) cable but can't use HDMI since my television is not HD ready. The unit was just taken out of the box and has this same symptom on three different televisions that I tried.

+Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Nov 7 2010, 02:43 AM
    Post #4

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

Well I've never heard of a problem like this before with these players. Most likely as I said the unit's bad, since it never seems to have worked properly at all with multiple TVs. Guess the recertification process is lacking somewhere. See if you can get it exchanged.

+Quote Post
    dondy
    post Dec 25 2010, 10:08 AM
    Post #5

WDTV USER

Member No.: 8,277

I realize this is an old post, but I just got one of these and it's doing the same thing. I have a WDTV Live that I have no problem with, but this new one a WDAVP00BE model, is scrolling the same as the other person described, like a video instability on the old TVs.

+Quote Post
    PangaDayWalker
    post Dec 27 2010, 07:26 AM
    Post #6

WDTV Mod

Member No.: 934

When I had that almost 2 years ago it was because my Samsung TV had a Economic Mode enabled.

It somehow conflicts with WDTV Remote Control.

Once I disabled that the WDTV came back to normal.

Cheers.

+Quote Post
    Maggi
    post Jan 5 2011, 08:21 PM
    Post #7

WDTV USER

Member No.: 36,926

I had the same problem when I hooked it up via composite. The screen was scrolling/flipping as though the vertical hold were off. I fiddled with the remote and finally managed to press the right buttons to change the settings from PAL to NTSC. Now it works fine.

+Quote Post
    jj30
    post May 12 2011, 08:52 AM
    Post #8

WDTV USER

Member No.: 58,277

QUOTE (Maggi @ Jan 5 2011, 09:21 PM) *
    I had the same problem when I hooked it up via composite. The screen was scrolling/flipping as though the vertical hold were off. I fiddled with the remote and finally managed to press the right buttons to change the settings from PAL to NTSC. Now it works fine.

Wow. What a lifesaver you are. You have no idea. I just bought my second WDTV unit assuming that the first one was defective. I couldn't see anything because there was no vertical hold.

Somehow, like you said, I managed to get through the menu --> Settings --> video --> NTSC, and it works now!

You, madam, are a lifesaver. I was just about to give up when I stumbled upon your post. I googled the last time but didn't find it. I only registered to say that it worked, and thank you.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 02:40 AM