Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       Access my WDTV Live media from iPad/iPhone
    Shadi
    post Nov 10 2010, 05:19 PM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 30,494

Is there a way to access/stream content from my wdtv to my idevices ? My wdtv is serving content from 2 USB drives connected to it and is connected to my home lan via a wireless bridge. Both my Mac (under Places) and my PC (Network places I think ) can see the wdtv on the network and I can browse the files. Connectivity is no issue. The question here is to how to make it browsable/playable by the iphone or iPad ?

Thanks for the great forum btw.
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Nov 10 2010, 05:19 PM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    Forza
    post Feb 16 2011, 08:30 PM
    Post #2

WDTV USER

Member No.: 43,970

You need a upnp app on your device. I've used eyecon that accesses it directly, but isn't so stable. I prefer air video, this runs through my Mac which sends to my iPad/iPhone over wifi, even able to access over 3G!

Would love to hear if folks are using other apps! To bad WD doesn't have one of their own! Seems like an easy add for them!

+Quote Post
    Shadi
    post Feb 17 2011, 12:55 AM
    Post #3

WDTV USER

Member No.: 30,494

I ended up resolving this a while back with Air Video, I am running the server on a desktop PC (Windows 7 ultimate) that's always on, and mounted the WDTV Live drives on the PC (they are visible to the PC over the network), and then defined them as source directories on Air Video. This works very nicely for me and i watch my stuff from iphone, ipad, and even my laptop since I found a client for my mac laptop (Mac Air Video Client).

+Quote Post
    thehills44060
    post Jan 24 2012, 10:44 PM
    Post #4

WDTV USER

Member No.: 84,848

QUOTE (Forza @ Feb 16 2011, 10:30 PM) *
    You need a upnp app on your device. I've used eyecon that accesses it directly, but isn't so stable. I prefer air video, this runs through my Mac which sends to my iPad/iPhone over wifi, even able to access over 3G!

Would love to hear if folks are using other apps! To bad WD doesn't have one of their own! Seems like an easy add for them!

I've tried using Buzz Player HD but I cannot get it to work. I have a WD Live Hub and a WD Live SMP and the Ipad2 sees them both but when i try to connect using Buzz player it asks for a user name and password. Cannot figure out why. Unable to sign on as guest either. Super frustrating.

+Quote Post
    Spasch
    post Jan 25 2012, 06:24 AM
    Post #5

WDTV GURU

Member No.: 17,969

Have you tried ZappoTV on your iPhone? Works pretty well and is free

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 16th September 2014 - 07:32 PM