Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       Deleting Files and Other Problems, Sorting out Movie files etc
    firie
    post Nov 13 2010, 06:42 PM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 24,376

Hello, first may I say thank you to those who created this forum and to those who freely give their time to help those who have issues with the WD Live Hardware and how to operate it properly.

My first problem and the most important relates to my being unable to delete empty folders. At the moment I have numerous films on a 2 TB WD hard drive and want to sort out how they are presented.

At the moment I have network thumb drive which allows me to move Films I have bought from my computer to the hard drive (and back again etc). My problem though is, I recently moved approx' 12 movies out of folders which were unnecessary but I am now unable to delete the empty folders that are left over. When I do try I get a message saying "You need permission to complete this action". I am the administrator of my computer so I wouldn't have thought that was the problem.

So basically I'd prefer to delete these folders are they are sitting there with no purpose but still unable to be deleted.

The other less important issue (not that deleting the empty folders is imperitive anyway) relates to the Network Shares function that appears on the main menu of my TV. To be honest I'm not even aware what its usefulness is as I can simply just go to the USB2 icon, press it and view what movies I want to watch that way.

I can also my access a list of my movies from my networked computer by opening up and selecting Network on my Computer, then WDTVLIVE followed by Elements (the name of the WD Hard Drive). Anyway, when I select the "Network Shares" Icon on my TV, I am directed to an Icon called John-PC but when i press it I get a message saying "This network share can not be accessed"

So I'm a bit confused about that one too and whilst it's not really important, I was wondering if it had anything to do with the problem of deleting folders.

One other interesting change that occurred out of the blue recently was my getting a message on the TV when I select the USB2 icon "Unable to create media library. Please check your storage settings". So I'm at a loss with that aspect also.

So these are my main problems which whilst not that important in the big scheme of things, I would still like to sort them out, particularly deleting the empty folders I've mentioned.

Thank you to anyone in advance who may be willing to help me fix these annoying faults.

Regards
    John

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Nov 13 2010, 06:42 PM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Nov 14 2010, 03:00 PM
    Post #2

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

Re. the folder permissions, it's not a WD TV problem. You haven't mentioned which OS you have, but here are the instructions for taking ownership of a folder in WinXP: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

As for your media library issue, empty some space on your HDD and also run a disk check (remember to always eject the HDD via the player interface before disconnecting). Also, delete the .WD_TV folder, then reconnect the drive and let the media library database be recreated completely before accessing your media.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 01:01 AM