Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       Organization of ripped DVDs, Windoes Media Center and My Movies, Best Practice for storing DVDs
    l2105x
    post Nov 15 2010, 09:21 PM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 30,806

I just starting ripping my DVD collection recently and had managed to integrate My Movies with Windows Media Center. I am not ripping ISOs and so I have the video_ts directory and VOB files, etc inside there. The directory structure is thus:

Title of Movie
    video_ts directory with files
    folder.jpg
    Title of Movie.dvdid

The folder.jpg works just fine in the hub, but 'get content info' does not work. If I rename the video_ts directory to match the title of the movie that matches the movie database, My Movies complains. What works best for WD Live and is it possible to merge/automate this with My Movies and Windows Media Center?
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Nov 15 2010, 09:21 PM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    smpsn47
    post Nov 16 2010, 10:55 AM
    Post #2

WDTV USER

Member No.: 29,456

First time poster here so bear with me if I am a bit noobish but thought I could help you out. If you are using the Hub model you no longer need jpegs and all that other stuff for a movie. If you are connected online just hit scan content and it will pull up everything you need from cover to details to lenght and even add in changing photos of the movie if your in the single movie view.

Hope that helps and good luck (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
    l2105x
    post Nov 16 2010, 11:56 AM
    Post #3

WDTV USER

Member No.: 30,806

Thanks for the reply. Currently I have not been able to get Get Content Info to work for any of my ripped DVDs. I just added them to the movie database so that the titles match, and I presume that perhaps I must change the name of the video_ts directory with my VOB files to match the movie title. I have not tried that yet. What I was hoping for was to find some sort of tutorial as to how the hub likes to see the movies organized to take best advantage of this feature.

+Quote Post
    smpsn47
    post Nov 18 2010, 11:05 PM
    Post #4

WDTV USER

Member No.: 29,456

I am not sure how you are trying to make hub see your files but what I my self is very simple.

Rip the dvd so lets use the new robinhood for example.

Rip it to whatever storage drive u use I use K:

So the file looks like this k:\Movies\RobinHood

When i Open the movies folder there is robinhood.mkv

I place my hard drive in the live hub and once it is compiled I Find robinhood.mkv hit options and hit scan content then a list of robin hoods pops up u have to go threw 3 or 4 until you find the new current one. Then just hit apply and thats it all the info is saved and u have cover art all the movie info and lenght with just haveing one simple file on your hard drive.

Once again I am by no means no expert and hopes this helps you out it took me a while to get it figured out. If its still not working maybe its because I rip all my videos to .mkv file type.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 02:40 AM