Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       WDTV Player - Gen1 - No Video or Audio
    zorro
    post Nov 16 2010, 09:46 PM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 4,767

Hello all

I have the first generation WDTV media player and it is slightly more than 1 year old. It has been upgraded to 1.02.07 version of firmware as soon as i bought it a year back.

Since yesterday it is just not playing video or audio. I tried all means in terms of restarting (cold and hot starts). I also upgraded the firmware to 1.03.01 and it is still the same.

Video is connected through HDMI to my HDTV. Audio is connected through optical cable to my receiver.

When i do a system reset (i did these multiple times through the menu as well as hardware switch), the version still shows 1.03.01 (not sure why). When i try to change the firmware back to 1.02.07 it now does not recognize the firmware files (looks like internally the version is still the higher version).

I am able to navigate through all menus but it just refuses to play anything.

I need help/suggestions in terms of how to move forward.

Thanks
    zorro
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Nov 16 2010, 09:46 PM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Nov 17 2010, 06:51 AM
    Post #2

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

QUOTE (zorro @ Nov 17 2010, 09:16 AM) *
    When i do a system reset (i did these multiple times through the menu as well as hardware switch), the version still shows 1.03.01 (not sure why).

A hard reset using the button resets all settings, but doesn't reflash and change the firmware version installed.

QUOTE (zorro @ Nov 17 2010, 09:16 AM) *
    When i try to change the firmware back to 1.02.07 it now does not recognize the firmware files (looks like internally the version is still the higher version).

See the Tutorials section for how to fool the player regarding the FW version and downgrade successfully.

What sort of error do you get exactly when you try to play any audio/video file? Can you try with the composite cable instead of the HDMI?

+Quote Post
    PTM76
    post Jan 5 2011, 08:24 AM
    Post #3

WDTV USER

Member No.: 36,574

I have this same problem.

I have done resets and firmware downgrades.

I've tried everything.

The menus work, but when you select a file, the screen just goes black.

+Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Jan 5 2011, 08:28 AM
    Post #4

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

So nothing works, no audio, video, pictures etc.? You can try changing cables or connect to a different TV and/or select different output resolutions and see. Sure the menus come up, but maybe the resolution change when the video is to be shown is causing an issue (just a guess). If you've only flashed official FW so far, try the custom FW. Maybe the change will 'shock' the player out of its lethargy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post
    PTM76
    post Jan 5 2011, 04:42 PM
    Post #5

WDTV USER

Member No.: 36,574

I already loaded the custom FW on there and it wasn't working either........

......BUT.I disconnected then reconnected all the cables, and now it is working!

Odd.

Give that a shot, OP.

+Quote Post
    soulkikker
    post Jan 8 2011, 01:39 PM
    Post #6

WDTV USER

Member No.: 37,509

Hi guys (and girls of course)

I'm new here. My WD TVHD (Gen 1) does not play back video or music. Did a couple of resets, but still noting. It's not the harddisk, since i can play back the video's if i connect the drive to the computer. Can anybody help me out, please.

thanks in advance,

Soulkikker

+Quote Post
    goldenwings
    post May 7 2011, 04:45 PM
    Post #7

WDTV USER

Member No.: 48,055

I have the same problem of you, a couple of months ago, suddenly, when I tried to play a HD movie, the screen just go blank, the menues continues working OK, but no audio o video files were able to be played (if I remember well, images were working ok).

After some days (and after installing new firmwares, both officials and customs), resetting the device, etc., the problem continues.

But, at a certain moment, the WDTV started again playing files, working well for some time, until a few days ago, the problem returns.

Is there any suggestion? is a problem without a solution?

any info will be welcomed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post
    addambom
    post Feb 16 2012, 10:56 PM
    Post #8

WDTV USER

Member No.: 106,704

I have the saem problem. I have two WDTV's at my house and for some reason I can read all my files perfectly but just recently when I try to play a file the screen goes black and I wait for a second and it goes even darker black and it sits there and nothing plays. I have put some good use to this WDTV and I have updated the firmware and still the same problem persists. I have reset the box a number of times. This is really disappointing that the product just stops working after a certain time period. Please let me know if you guys know of a fix or WDTV if you have something I can do that resolve my issues.

+Quote Post
    Rev Drew
    post Feb 17 2012, 04:54 AM
    Post #9

Global Moderator
    Group Icon

Group: Global Mod :: Site Supporter
    Member No.: 10

have you tried this?

http://wdtvhd.com/index.php?showtopic=18896

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 09:16 AM