Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       AV out audio problems
    TheBoBo
    post Nov 18 2010, 10:27 AM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 31,293

Hi!

I have my wd tv live connected via HDMI to my tv and via AV out my Logitech speakers.
    Everything worked fine till I upgraded the FW. Now when I turn on my speakers there is no sound just a strange noise.
    I went to my store and they replaced my wd tv live, because they didn't know what is the issue and i still have the same problem.
    The speakers work well connected with a PC or MP3 player, so there's everything ok with the speakers.

thank you for help
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Nov 18 2010, 10:27 AM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Nov 18 2010, 10:32 AM
    Post #2

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

I don't think you can use both HDMI and composite/component simultaneously.

+Quote Post
    TheBoBo
    post Nov 18 2010, 12:57 PM
    Post #3

WDTV USER

Member No.: 31,293

I used it for 6 months and it worked perfectly. The picture was via HDMI and the sound via AV out. I just had to put my tv on mute, because otherwise the sound was on the speakers and on the tv. So last week I upgraded the FW and now the sound from AV out is gone.

+Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Nov 18 2010, 01:04 PM
    Post #4

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Member No.: 6,287

Maybe they disabled it then. Downgrade back to the previous FW and see if it works again.

+Quote Post
    ToJa92
    post Nov 19 2010, 04:10 PM
    Post #5

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Member No.: 1,257

Hope I didn't break something now, accidentally hit "Delete post" because of some stupid report I got, and I read it as delete PM. Hopefully nothing disappeared though, doesn't looks like it.

+Quote Post
    keepitsimple
    post Nov 20 2010, 09:03 AM
    Post #6

WDTV USER

Member No.: 12,433

I have the same issue.

I have two WD TV Lives. One with a HDMI connection to the TV. It's working perfectly since I upgraded both to 1.03.49. The other which is connected to a TV with a DVI input, so I've always used a HDMI to DVI cable for video and took the audio from the AV out into a composite input on the TV for the sound. It was working without any issues until I upgraded the firmware to 1.03.49. Now I get a constant buzzing sound from the AV.

I've tested my TV and audio cable with other devices and the sound is perfect. I've tried swapping in my other WD TV Live and I have the exact same problem with it when using the AV output. This all leads me to one common denominator, the upgrade of the firmware to 1.03.49.

I'm really fustrated that a firmware upgrade seems to have done this. I can't watch the anything on the WD with the annoying buzzing sound.

+Quote Post
    keepitsimple
    post Nov 20 2010, 09:17 AM
    Post #7

WDTV USER

Member No.: 12,433

Update.

I've just downgraded the firmware on one of my WDs and the buzzing is now gone.

Everything is working again as it was
    Video from the HDMI on the WD and into the DVI on the TV and
    Audio from the AV output on the WD into the composite audio ports on the TV.

My recommendation if you have this sort of setup is to avoid upgrading to 1.03.49.

+Quote Post
    WaynesNside
    post Nov 21 2010, 02:52 PM
    Post #8

WDTV PRO

Member No.: 8,953

I noticed this too kinda sucks. I like to use the pass through on my receiver to play my devices on the tv, but not now with the WD. With the older firmware it didn't see both of my drives when attached, but now it does. Win some and loose some with this thing it seems.

I just switch it to stereo since I'm just playing through the TV speakers.

+Quote Post
    deathwalker01
    post Dec 29 2010, 05:41 AM
    Post #9

WDTV USER

Member No.: 5,425

thank you so much. I have just purchased the wdtv live and upgraded it to the 1.04.10 fw and started getting the buzzing noise. The advice to downgrade it to 1.02.21 worked a treat (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 08:23 AM