Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       Apacer AL670, Full HD Media Player!
    oceansoul
    post Nov 23 2010, 03:12 AM
    Post #1

WDTV SEMI-PRO

Group: Members
    Member No.: 22,055

AL670 Full HD Media Player New!

- Ultra-High Definition
    - High Fidelity Audio
    - Multi-format Support
    - Multiple Outputs/Inputs
    - Multiple Connections
    - BT Download
    - Easy Installation
    - Joyful Sharing
    - Multi-Subtitle Format Support
    - User-friendly Interface
    - Stylish Look

Owerview

Following the first generation of digital media player AL460 Apacer has won another round in the field of digital entertainment by launching the advanced user-targeted, next-generation model: AL670. This media player accommodates more powerful video and audio effects as well as the capability of network media collection.

By supporting DTS digital audio formats, Apacer media player AL670 enriches the video playing performance with high quality of audio formats. AL670 is also capable to access NAS network storage to enhance the sharing possibility of digital home media. Moreover, its newly-embedded feature-BT media download and full support of subtitle formats enable the users to enjoy the volume multi-media contents on Internet.

(IMG:http://emea.apacer.com/en/images/product/2783.jpg)

Features

Ultra-High Definition
    AL670 plays 1920x1080p high resolution video smoothly featuring six times the resolution in details compared with DVD. Even the most finicky watchers will leave no criticism thanks to the perfect image quality, saturated colors and vivid details.

(IMG:http://emea.apacer.com/en/images/product/2781.jpg)

Easy Installation
    User can simply plug the USB Drive or External Hard Drive into the Apacer AL670 media player and then connect again AL670 with television via HDMI cable or Component Video cable or AV cable. Apacer AL670 is so easy to use and install!

(IMG:http://emea.apacer.com/en/images/product/2774.jpg)

Joyful Sharing
    User could enjoy an entirely wonderful visual experience while playing digital photos or HD video on the wide TV screen via AL670. Moreover the photos can be played back with a variety of slideshow functions and sound effects- It's great for family sharing.

(IMG:http://emea.apacer.com/en/images/product/2776.jpg)

High Fidelity Audio
    To build a perfect digital theater environment, AL670 is equipped with evolutionary audio ability that includes the DTS surrounding sound technology of Blue-ray movies, it can automatically decode the DTS audio or output to the amplifier to enjoy the surrounding sound with virtual reality.

(IMG:http://emea.apacer.com/en/images/product/2775.jpg)

Multi-format Support
    AL670 supports the most popular file formats comparing to current available media players in the market! All popular file formats can be played back without any difficulty, such as m2ts, MKV, H.264, TS and ISO files for 1080P, RMVB and RM for 720P,as well as traditional AVI and MPG files.

(IMG:http://emea.apacer.com/en/images/product/2777.jpg)

Multi-Subtitle Format Support
    AL670 powerfully supports SRT,SSA,SUB,SMI and SUB+IDX subtitle formats, Users will not miss the subtitle display while playing the video.

(IMG:http://emea.apacer.com/en/images/product/2779.jpg)

User-friendly Interface
    The new interface of AL670 is designed to meet user-specific needs. With graphic options, users can select the menu fluently with human intuition. And by pushing the hotkey button on the remote control, user can directly go to: "Movie", "Music" or "Photo" to enjoy the quick start of media life.

(IMG:http://emea.apacer.com/en/images/product/2782.jpg)

Multiple Outputs/Inputs
    AL670 supports a variety of I/O ports. For output, it provides component video output, AV output, HDMI output and Optical output. For input, besides the existing dual USB ports for connecting with USB drives and external Hard Disk, there's network connection as well for direct access to network computers.

(IMG:http://emea.apacer.com/en/images/product/2778.jpg)

Multiple Connections
    Since AL670 supports NAS function, that makes it not only play media files from network computer, user also can play the media file from the attached storage with medial player on user's network computer. NAS function is more and more commonly used nowadays because it enables user enjoying media files everywhere within the network.

BT Download
    AL670's new-embedded BitTorrent download function can collect unlimited media resources from Internet.

Stylish Look
    The appearance of AL670 inherits the simple, elegant aesthetic design as AL460, specially the top cover of AL670 is a metallic plate finished with futuristic and wave-like lines. It just looks like a piece of artwork by interplay of the light and shadow in your novel home.

Specification:

External Drive Support

USB devices USB Flash drive / USB external HDD
    File System FAT32 or NTFS orHFS+
    INTERFACE

USB USB 2.0 type A Connector x 2
    LAN 10/100 Ethernet Connector x 1
    AUDIO/VIDEO INTERFACE

Audio/Video Interface HDMI connector x 1, Composite output Video + Audio R/L (3.5mm phone jack x 1), Component Video Y, Pb, Pr (3.5mm phone jack x 1), Optical (S/PDIF) output x 1
    MEDIA SUPPORT

Audio MP3, WAV, WMA ,LPCM/PCM, AAC, FLAC, OGG, Dolby Digital AC3, DTS
    Video MPEG-1(MPG/DAT), MPEG-2(AVI/ISO/IFO/MPG/VOB), MPEG-4 (AVI/Xvid/ASP/AVC HD/H.264), WMV, FLV, MKV, RM/RMVB, TS, m2ts, mts, TP, MJPEG, MOV, VC-1
    Photo JPEG, BMP, GIF (not support interlace/animation mode), TIF(Raw Data mode Only), PNG (not support interlace/animation mode )
    Xvid Subtitle IDX/SUB, SRT, SSA, SUB, SMI
    DVD Folder DVD Menu/Audio/Subtitle
    MAX. CONTENT RESOLUTION

Video 1920 x 1080 pixels
    JPEG 4608 x 3456 pixels
    MP3 320kbps
    VIDEO OUTPUT

TV NTSC / PAL
    Screen Ratio 4:3 / 16:9
    Component 480p / 576p / 720p(50/60Hz) /1080i(50/60Hz)/1080P (50/60 Hz)
    AUDIO OUTPUT

Analog Audio Stereo
    Digital Audio HDMI LPCM/HDMI RAW/SPDIF LPCM/SPDIF RAW DATA OUTPUT
    POWER SUPPLY

Input AC 100-240 V, 50/60Hz
    Output DC 12V, 2A

My review is :

This Apacer Box is great ! Also have option that you can change colour of subtitle, bittorent downloader great remote control with sound volume. Also i dont found any bug on this box ! Also have lot of option also you can change languges have lot of languges. All formats readble ! Support NAS ! Network works excelent ! All hard drive are read very fast and USB stick !

Only 1 things what I found is that is only support USB wireless Adapter Apacer AA311 other wireless adapters doesnt work on this Box !
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Nov 23 2010, 03:12 AM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Nov 23 2010, 09:15 AM
    Post #2

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

@oceansoul: Do you own one? How much did you pay for it? How is the networking performance? Another thing that's make or break - FW updates?

+1 for BitTorrent though. +1 also for the ability to change the video resolution while watching videos. -1 for really clunky menu/UI.

The AL670 by Apacer is a FullHD media player based on the Realtek 1073DD HD decoding chip and since as many of you know it has been replaced with the 1283 version for quite some time now i really don't know as to why Apacer chose this course of action.

Ok unlike the new 1283 chip the previous 1073 produces a more blurry image and although this can be fixed in part by increasing the sharpness levels it is not something i liked. Now when it comes to smoothness the AL670 managed to play every MKV/Mov/Avi/MPEG/RMVB file we threw at it but again we found that the color reproduction was not exactly on par with the new 1283 chip. Needless to say that all of the Sigma Designs solutions we have here with us now (S1/S2/A1080/Dune Max) produced better results across the board, something that potential buyers of the AL670 should take into consideration if they can afford the somewhat higher price tag of the models mentioned. However i need to report that during playback i saw no stuttering in any of the 13 files we used with the AL670 not even when the bitrate was set at 18Kbps. When it comes to sound quality well the Dune Max did exhibit more clarity that the AL670 but considering the price tag of such a device it really does not come as a surprise. Finally i also plugged in an external Plextor Blu-Ray to check whether or not the unit could also playback BD Titles but unfortunately no dice. When i first uploaded this review i forgot to mention that the AL670 needs to be placed in a well ventilated space since it gets very warm if placed somewhere with not enough breathing space around it. We tried it and found the player to freeze after a while leaving the screen black.

A couple of reviews here and here.

+Quote Post
    oceansoul
    post Nov 23 2010, 09:47 AM
    Post #3

WDTV SEMI-PRO

Group: Members
    Member No.: 22,055

Yes own this one !

Have all this option ! When you watch movie you can change resolution colour of subtitle sound digital / analog ... Also you have volume control and you can - / + volume !

Network working great and its fast ! For updates you can see on official web page also www.apacer.com in menu just choose digital p... and al670 than firmware and its not often like in wd !
    I really dont have problems with this working like charm ! I also plan for another one and to leave WD live i disapoint with support of WD and things what is done for customer !

Also that i tell you DTS work fine without problem, also AAC works great, AC3 ... Sound is great !

Menu is not bad as i understand you i like tham ! And you can choose on all things example movies you can choose usb or network same like movies !

For BT Bittorrent download you can set via network on your server or desktop computer shared directory or on attached hard disk !

Im so happy with this !

Price is 130 Euro

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 22nd September 2014 - 06:15 AM