Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       How to open WD TV HD media player
    VJK
    post Nov 25 2010, 09:57 PM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 32,202

Hi Folks,

I got a new WD TV HD media player and when I shake the unit, I here something moving inside (some kind of a loose part (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) ). Can you please tell me how to open the outer cover of the player and see inside. Has anyone in the forum done it?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

-VJK
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Nov 25 2010, 09:57 PM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Nov 26 2010, 02:16 AM
    Post #2

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

Which model do you have exactly? It should be possible to crack open the case using a flat screwdriver and maybe some more tools.

P.S. Is whatever that's loose inside causing issues? If not, why risk it?

+Quote Post
    VJK
    post Nov 26 2010, 02:49 AM
    Post #3

WDTV USER

Member No.: 32,202

WD TV Live Plus HD media.

I received the pack and not yet powered on. If no issues are seen, will not risk opening it. Thanks for the suggestion (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

-VJK

+Quote Post
    eros_mtl
    post Nov 26 2010, 04:18 PM
    Post #4

WDTV USER

Member No.: 32,284

I just bought it and I found the same thing happening....a lose component inside. I looked through the grill (didn't open it after reading this (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) ) and I can see a black round component moving inside. Looks like a battery or something. Anyone else having this? Is this normal? Is this component supposed to be static? Should I go change it or is this normal?

UPDATE: I went to Bestbuy and exchanged it. The geekaquad said it appears to be a battery and it's not normal to be lose. The new one has no loose components.

+Quote Post
    IMLizKing
    post Mar 12 2011, 08:30 AM
    Post #5

WDTV USER

Member No.: 48,008

I replaced my live plus with a live hub yesterday and when removing the live plus I also noticed a rattle. I went ahead and opened my case. If you think of the darker gray plastic as a 'taco' with the lighter/silver part of the case as the 'guts' you simply slide the guts out (don't try to pry it off, it's got channels the whole length between the two pieces.) After that, just be mindful of where the metal box ties to the back of the case--took me a bit to puzzle it back together after I re-stuck my loose battery to the top of the Ethernet connector.

I probably wouldn't have bothered opening it, but I could hear something metal clanking, which turned out to be the battery hitting the heat-sink. I was worried the heat-sink was loose, which it wasn't.

Good luck!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 06:43 AM