Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       WD TV Hack or other with cover art and better movie organization
    jblewis85
    post Dec 1 2010, 08:52 AM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 32,791

Hello,

I own a WDTV, its a good device but i have alot of movies that are mostly dvd copies in VOB format, some in XVID. Since VOB consist of files organized in folders the search of the WD menu wont find them.

I was wondering if there is a media player or a hack for WD ones that will allow you to organize your Movie library better including cover art and a better way of finding the movies you want to watch when you have 100"s. Something Like the Apple TV menu but with my own media that is not locked into i tunes.

I am also looking for a device that that will be able to connect to a server where all the movies will be stored, I am sure that any of the Live devices would be able to handle this.

thank you for your input.
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Dec 1 2010, 08:52 AM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Dec 2 2010, 07:22 PM
    Post #2

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

Instead of VOBs you can use ISOs or MKVs - 1 per movie. Searching is far easier now since USB and wireless keyboards are supported, since typing on the on-screen keyboard using the remote was excruciating. WDLXTV adds full movie sheet support which is far better than simple movie thumbnails. Other than that, you just need to organise your movies better, such as making genre folders, then alphabetical folders etc. Finally, the Live, Plus and Hub can be networked, and reportedly work very well indeed with some NAS/WHS devices.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 04:19 PM