Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       Audio issue after firmware upgrade to 1.04.10_V
    n1tr0
    post Dec 6 2010, 06:33 PM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 33,395

I upgraded to firmware 1.04.10_V from 1.02.21 mainly due to an audio sync issue that I have recently experienced on an MP4 file.

After the firmware upgrade the audio sync issue was no longer experienced however I found a new problem that is audio not being played for MP4 files. Audio only works if I set the Audio Output setting to 'Stereo'; if I set to 'Digital' or 'Digital without HDMI audio' there will be no audio output for my MP4 files.

My WD HD Live has optical output to my Pioneer receiver and HDMI output to my Sharp 50" LCDTV. When Audio Output setting is set to 'Stereo' the sound doesn't quite sound like Stereo as I still hear background sound from my rear speakers. In my case the Audio Output setting should be on 'Digital without HDMI audio', please fix this bug at your earliest so I can ensure peace of mind with the right quality of sound through your product.
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Dec 6 2010, 06:33 PM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    smc2
    post Dec 24 2010, 11:31 PM
    Post #2

WDTV USER

Member No.: 35,182

I upgraded to firmware 1.04.10 earlier in the week and the now the audio on all video and music is distorted. What the heck is happening? I tried composite audio and digital and bot sound fuzzy. Is there a way to go back and is WD TS on this?

+Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Dec 26 2010, 07:10 AM
    Post #3

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

Lots of complaints for this FW release, as with many others WD has put out in the past. Check tutorials section for help on downgrading.

+Quote Post
    bikeracer4487
    post Jan 16 2011, 11:01 PM
    Post #4

WDTV USER

Member No.: 31,331

I have the same issue with audio not playing if it's set to "Digital"...how have they not fixed this yet? I've now tried 1.03.49, 1.04.10, and 1.04.17 and all of them have the same problem with audio...every time I end up needing to downgrade back to 1.02.21...is there still no solution for this?

---

Every time I try to upgrade my firmware, I try to play a video with DTS audio I get no sound. The sound will play in "Stereo" mode (as opposed to "Digital") but the whole reason I used DTS is because I wanted surround sound. With firmware version 1.02.21 the audio played fine. With version 1.03.49, 1.04.10_V, and 1.04.17_V "Digital" gives me no sound. This is extremely frustrating and I desperately need the fixes that have been included in the new firmware, but it doesn't do me much good if I lose my sound...
    Reason for edit: Merged 2 posts from separate threads

+Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Jan 16 2011, 11:21 PM
    Post #5

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

The only possible lasting solution is for WD to get its act together (at which point we all start simultaneously laughing/crying uncontrollably after reading that sentence).

How are you connecting to your receiver? Also, which one is it? Did you do a hard reset both before and after each FW flash?

P.S. Since almost every issue is basically firmware-related, I merged your thread from the FW section with your existing post above, since this is primarily an audio issue.

+Quote Post
    bikeracer4487
    post Jan 17 2011, 12:18 AM
    Post #6

WDTV USER

Yeah, I guess I thought that since the problem is directly related to the firmware that it should go there... Anyways, I have an HDMI cable going from my WD TV to a Samsung LN46A550 LCD (in case that's relevant) and then from there to an Onkyo SR-706 receiver. Like I said before, with 1.02.21 it works, with 1.04.17 it doesn't. As for the hard reset, I guess I didn't...I seem to remember something about unplugging everything and holding the reset button while plugging stuff back in...but can't remember...how do I hard reset?

+Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Jan 17 2011, 01:29 PM
    Post #7

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

It's there in the manual. Just need to press the reset button, but not for too long or else it'll switch between NTSC and PAL.

Is there any way you can try connecting the player to the receiver via TOSLink/optical cable instead and see if that helps?

+Quote Post
    bikeracer4487
    post Jan 18 2011, 10:02 AM
    Post #8

WDTV USER

I connected the WD TV to the receiver directly using an HDMI cable and then used an HDMI cable from the receiver to the TV and that apparently fixed the problem...so the problem must lie in the way the WD TV now outputs digital audio streams...I'll have a look in my TV menu and see if maybe there's some setting where I can just pass the audio straight through to the receiver...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 02:22 AM