Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       mpeg4 audio too high
    silverfox
    post Jan 3 2011, 06:28 PM
    Post #1

WDTV SEMI-PRO

Group: Members
    Member No.: 12,810

i own a copy of the dvd set of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

i made the mpeg4 (xvid) version of all episodes making mp3 stereo audio in all files with handbrake 0.9.3 and perian codecs on the mac osx but not touching the audio ( i think it's DRC - dynamic range compression, always set to default to 1.
    but in my lg tv led set (32LE4508) full hd i have to set the volume to max 12 or i get sound too high (i use a hdmi cable v1.3), but playing on the computer i set computer volume to middle and audio from 30 to 60 to enjoy all audio bits.........

so what is the problem? it is out of discussion that i modify ALL my files' audio....so there could be a solution i think regarding some audio amplification of the WDTV...........i have gen 2 and official 1.01.77 (is there a 1.01.79) should i ge the .79 version or use a custom fimrware?

pleas help i want to solve thig "bug".......
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Jan 3 2011, 06:28 PM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    silverfox
    post Jan 4 2011, 08:33 AM
    Post #2

WDTV SEMI-PRO

anyone who can help please?

+Quote Post
    Rev Drew
    post Jan 4 2011, 02:10 PM
    Post #3

Global Moderator
    Group Icon

Group: Global Mod :: Site Supporter
    Member No.: 10

maybe no one answered because like me, they really have no idea ...

however knowing what I do about these players, it sounds like a bad rip to xvid.

it plays fine on your computer, and how is your computer playing it? a software player.
    the wdtv is a hardware player, it plays what it is given, there is little to no room for corrections like software players make

if it's not that, it's anyone's guess ..

+Quote Post
    silverfox
    post Jan 5 2011, 05:07 AM
    Post #4

WDTV SEMI-PRO

ok i understand what you say...

but keep in mind that all my rips i have done from dvds....they are not bad rips from net...and the standard i use is to keep the best possibile within acceptable file dimension (e.g. for a Buffy single episode i use the boundary of 365MB included audio.... and for a movie i keep xvid file between 1.2GB and 1.4GB, losing few data.......(2.4GB is the original MPEG2 stream on dvd)...

but thanks for your help!

+Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Jan 5 2011, 08:34 AM
    Post #5

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

Since you have the original DVDs, can you rip and play the original untouched VOBs and see if the audio is still too high? If not, then obviously the conversion messed with the files. You can also try MakeMKV to rip the DVD as a lossless MKV and test.

As for .79, I don't think the model with that FW is available outside Europe, but if it is available to you and you are willing to buy another player, why bother with an old unsupported model?

+Quote Post
    silverfox
    post Jan 5 2011, 03:08 PM
    Post #6

WDTV SEMI-PRO

the only firmware that i can download from italy (here) from the wd site is the .77 firmware...where i can find the .79 and it is original or "modded"?......

i ma not willing to buy a newer and obviously supported player, this one is great and i dont have money to waste...........

+Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Jan 5 2011, 06:08 PM
    Post #7

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

.79 is not available for download as it only comes pre-installed. Did you even try my suggestions above?

+Quote Post
    silverfox
    post Jan 10 2011, 03:32 AM
    Post #8

WDTV SEMI-PRO

not yet but today i'm at home feeling ill and i have time to try....(untouched vobs yep, but make an mkv out of standard definition tv series and interlaced video......sounds silly)

+Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Jan 10 2011, 06:55 AM
    Post #9

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Why does it sound silly? I don't see where it says that MKVs are only for HD video? Also, I've used MakeMKV lots of times to rip my DVDs, since I end up with a single lossless file that's easy to handle.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 08:58 PM