Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       Samsung DLNA Compatibility
    DanielsUK
    post Jan 5 2011, 09:41 AM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 36,450

Hi All

I have a Samsung TV in the bedroom which has a wifi connection. I am able to see the DLNA server on the WD Hub from the Samsung but when I open the video folder it states there is nothing in there. The same for music and photos folder. However I know there is data there as I can view it on my main TV which is connected to the WD Hub via HDMI. Also I have Windows Media Player on my Windows 7 PC which runs a native DLNA server, I can connect to this from my Samsung TV so I know it works. I can also connect to the WD Hub from Windows Media Player! Am I missing something?

Not sure if Twonky is related to this, but I added the Samsung TV as a valid streaming partner but that hasn't fixed it either. I've also updated the firmware to the latest on both the Samsung and WD Hub.

Thanks in advance, Daniel
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Jan 5 2011, 09:41 AM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    kshporter
    post Aug 3 2011, 12:41 PM
    Post #2

WDTV SEMI-PRO

Group: Members
    Member No.: 73,224

Hi Daniel,
    I have a Samsung with DNLA as well and tried the same setup. I'm assuming your WDTV live hub is in a different room? There is a coding issue with the Samsung TV that won't permit streaming of certain kinds of media on a WiFi stick. In my case, I also use my hub for streaming contact via PLAYon.tv ... it wouldn't stream this either. So, I brought WDTV live hub downstairs, plugged it into my new Samsung tv. The TV had no problem playing the content from the HUB when wire connected. Tried playon.tv and still could stream the content. Then, on a whim, I took the Samsun Wifi adapter from the TV and plugged it directly into the WDTV hub USB port. BAM! She's uh workin! The issue is the TV's DNLA decoder is not so sophisticated as is the WDTV HUB. It's restricted in content it can stream (just a few file formats). They basically gave it internet connectivity for Netflix and Huluplus access. Had I known, I would have purchased one without the network interface and saved the difference.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 10:44 PM