Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       Movie database, Alternatives?
    Diddy Smalls
    post Jan 20 2011, 04:19 AM
    Post #1

WDTV SEMI-PRO

Group: Members
    Member No.: 38,940

I've backed up a couple of foreign films that I own and they're not listed in the TMDb so my Live Hub isn't pulling the metadata for them. They are, however, listed on IMDb but that's not where the Live Hub gets it's info. Is there a way I can "scrape" the IMDb info and dump it into an XML file and have my Live Hub read it? Or maybe have my Live Hub try to pull data from a different source?
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Jan 20 2011, 04:19 AM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    Steve-WDLIVE
    post Jan 20 2011, 03:32 PM
    Post #2

WDTV SEMI-PRO

Member No.: 14,176

Yes, you can either use ThumbGen for this or create your own. If it's just a couple of movies, I recommend making your own. Just grab an XML file the the HUB created for a different movie, rename it to the movie you want, open it with a Text viewer and replace the text (keeping the tags in tact).

+Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Jan 21 2011, 07:10 AM
    Post #3

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

Steve, Thumbgen might help with movie sheets on 3rd party FW, but there is none so far for the Hub. Diddy was talking of the Hub's own metadata feature. Diddy, AFAIK TMDb is open and user-editable, so I suppose you could simply add the info. yourself to the site, wait for the database to be refreshed, then pull the data to your Hub.

P.S. Of course, as I discussed in another thread, it would really help if WD made the metadata folder and database format open and user-editable.

+Quote Post
    Steve-WDLIVE
    post Jan 21 2011, 12:15 PM
    Post #4

WDTV SEMI-PRO

Member No.: 14,176

I thought you could create the info data though ThumbGen for the Hub as well? I could be wrong, I haven't tested it but I've read a few other posts that said you could.

I think if WD just added a simple info editor option right within the player itself, it would greatly help. It could be accomplished though XML.

+Quote Post
    Diddy Smalls
    post Jan 23 2011, 02:54 PM
    Post #5

WDTV SEMI-PRO

Member No.: 38,940

QUOTE (WDUser @ Jan 21 2011, 04:10 AM) *
    Steve, Thumbgen might help with movie sheets on 3rd party FW, but there is none so far for the Hub. Diddy was talking of the Hub's own metadata feature. Diddy, AFAIK TMDb is open and user-editable, so I suppose you could simply add the info. yourself to the site, wait for the database to be refreshed, then pull the data to your Hub.

P.S. Of course, as I discussed in another thread, it would really help if WD made the metadata folder and database format open and user-editable.

But of course, I could just add the movies to TMDb. Not sure why I didn't think of that earlier. Thanks WDUser.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 20th November 2014 - 02:43 PM