Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       wd tv live plus cannot connect to Netflix
    jim_joh
    post Mar 7 2011, 10:14 PM
    Post #1

WDTV SEMI-PRO

Group: Members
    Member No.: 4,973

Boy I have spent hours on this. I have had for a year a wd tv live box but wanted Neflix & closed caption so I bought a plus. Bottom line it will not stream instant movie. I can open the Netflix site, select a movie ( I activated it) but when I click okay it displays a window saying cannot load movie. I have a wireless n router & n adaptor and the signal strenth is 4 solid bars. I placed my notebook next to it I did a dsl speed test & it show 2550 mbps. Also I have a sony blu-ray player on the same tv & router & it quickly plays the movie but it does not support closed caption which is a must for me. I contacted Netflix & here is their answer:
    Hi Jim,Per our phone conversation, it sounds like the internet connection through the Western Digital TV isn't meeting our server connection requirement. Every device has it's own server that connects to the Netflix server. You will have to call your internet provider to have them connect the two servers so you can watch the movies on line. Once your internet provider connects the two servers you will be in great shape.
    I contacted AT&T my DSL provider from there on it went down hill & ending up they wanted to charge me a fee for some unknown reason. I am not sure they knew what I was talking about.
    I am posting this in hope of seeing if others have had the same problem. If I can't resole this I will return the unit to Bestbuy. JimJoh
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Mar 7 2011, 10:14 PM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    jim_joh
    post Mar 8 2011, 04:26 PM
    Post #2

WDTV SEMI-PRO

Member No.: 4,973

What a ordeal. My 24"computer monitor has a hdmi socket so set up the plus by my computer. I wired the plus from the router to the plus & still would not stream so then I wired the plus direct to the dsl modem and whammy it streamed just fine so the problem is with the Belkin n wireless router so I thought I might buy a new router but no idea which one. Is this the end of my ordeal NO!!!!. I streamed 2 movies from my Netflix that I know has closed caption and guess what? No closed caption even though WD said there would be. I called Netflix and they said in clear voice that the plus will NOT support captions and they even sent me a email listing the players that do support captions & WD was not there. Ordeal over as I returned the plus to Bestbuy. xbox PS3 are to much money along with monthly fees as I don't play games. Thanks for reading jimjoh

+Quote Post
    Semantics
    post Jun 22 2011, 08:29 PM
    Post #3

WDTV USER

Member No.: 65,696

I have a similar issue with Netflix can't connect thru WD Live Plus. I tried for hours as well. I finally narrowed it down to my D-link Dir-615 router will not pass the data through. It works fine when I connect directly to my DSL modem but I wanted the wireless connectivity. I am still playing with the settings on the router to get it to work. Has anyone had any experience like this??

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 16th September 2014 - 05:30 PM