Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       WD TV LIVE Plus won't show coverart from WD TV Media Hub
    streeeotch
    post Mar 15 2011, 11:33 AM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 48,358

I am new to the WD media. I just purchased the WD TV Media Hub last week and borrowed a WD TV LIVE PLUS from a friend of mine. All of the movies I have burned work just fine off the media hub. The only issue I am having is that the coverart for the movies only show up on the media hub but not on the LIVE PLUS. I made sure that the names of the movies and the names of the jpg files are EXACTLY the same but for the life of me, cannot get anything besides the default movie icon to show for each movie.

I am at the latest official firmware on BOTH devices. I need to have the coverart show on the LIVE PLUS for navigation for my kids.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Mar 15 2011, 11:33 AM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Mar 15 2011, 05:51 PM
    Post #2

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

So the Plus is connected to the Hub via your network, right? Do thumbnails work if you attach a HDD directly to the Plus?

+Quote Post
    streeeotch
    post Mar 16 2011, 02:41 PM
    Post #3

WDTV USER

OK. I did a little more investigating last night and looked into embedding the coverart directly into the MP4 file. I have been ripping with Handbrake and using X Meta tag to write information to the file. It appears that if I explicitly define a JPG file instead of using the built in find function in X Meta, then the tag will show. Not sure why the non-embedded JPG files will not work yet but at least I am getting somewhere.

Sorry, since I am using the Media hub (with built in 1TB drive), I cannot just plug the HDD into the LIVE PLUS.

I am doing some more tests and if I find any new updates, I will be sure to post to maybe help others.

+Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Mar 16 2011, 04:44 PM
    Post #4

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

Yeah, I know that the hub has an internal drive. I just wanted you to confirm with any drive (even a USB stick with one video and its thumbnail), that thumbs do show up on your Live Plus.

+Quote Post
    streeeotch
    post Mar 22 2011, 11:58 AM
    Post #5

WDTV USER

OK. Been doing more DVD rips and since I started explicitly defining a JPG file in MetaX, I have been working fine. One other thing I have noted is that when I copy over the movies to the hub, they will show up as corrupted data when trying to run on the PS3 until I actually unplug the hub and plug it back in. Then all of the copies will run just fine on the PS3 going forward. Just thought I would let people know that.

So far, I really like the Media Hub for what I am trying to do. A few minor issues but something I can live with. Hopefully they can be resolved in future firmware updates.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 12:38 PM