Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       Downgrade firmware not working with Youtube
    Stubbsy
    post May 22 2011, 01:22 PM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 59,181

Okay - so im getting pretty sick of the fact I can no longer watch music clips on youtube because we get the "this content has been restricted and not avaliable on tv connected devices" - or words to that effect.
    This seems crazy to me especially as I can quite easily watch the clips on my laptop which is less than a meter away!

Anyway - read through the forum and saw that the answer was to downgrade firmware to version 1.1.17. I have done this succesfully but now no youtube clip is avaliable to watch. I can see the thumnails when i search for videos, but when i try to open any video (even unrestricted ones) I get a message which says "this video has been removed from youtube and is no longer available" I know this is nonsense because I can still watch them on my laptop! - anyone know whats going on cos this is driving me crazy!

Anyone made a custom firmware to resolve this issue yet? Anyone help me please before I start pulling my hair out! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post May 22 2011, 01:22 PM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    WDUser
    post May 23 2011, 06:19 AM
    Post #2

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

Why not try the latest WDLXTV version for your model and see if it helps?

+Quote Post
    Stubbsy
    post May 23 2011, 01:34 PM
    Post #3

WDTV USER

Member No.: 59,181

Yeah tried that firmware aswell but still no joy im afraid! re-updated to the latest official firmware again!
    Going to go pull my hair out now! Grrrrrrrr!

+Quote Post
    totoro_ita
    post Aug 10 2011, 06:44 AM
    Post #4

WDTV USER

Member No.: 74,687

QUOTE (Stubbsy @ May 22 2011, 02:22 PM) *
    Anyway - read through the forum and saw that the answer was to downgrade firmware to version 1.1.17. I have done this succesfully but now no youtube clip is avaliable to watch. I can see the thumnails when i search for videos, but when i try to open any video (even unrestricted ones) I get a message which says "this video has been removed from youtube and is no longer available" I know this is nonsense because I can still watch them on my laptop! - anyone know whats going on cos this is driving me crazy!

Was the same for me.
    Does someone found the solution?

+Quote Post
    Rev Drew
    post Aug 10 2011, 06:50 AM
    Post #5

Global Moderator
    Group Icon

Group: Global Mod :: Site Supporter
    Member No.: 10

youtube was broken in some older releases as youtube had made changes, this required a firmware update to fix, there was another change earlier this month, that required another fix.
    you need to update to a newer firmware or a version of WDLXTV that has the ability to 'fix' youtube on it's own.

+Quote Post
    markc
    post Aug 20 2011, 12:19 AM
    Post #6

WDTV USER

Member No.: 76,829

I've had a WD TV HD live for about 2 weeks (with ver 1.05).

A few days ago it stopped playing You Tube clips. It displays the thumbnails ok but when I select a clip the screen goes blank.

It plays clips from other sites ok.

After reading about the hassles people have had with ver 1.06 I'm loathed to update to see if it fixes my You Tube problem.

Anyone got thoughts on this ?
    Cheers, Mark

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 06:43 AM