Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       DVD Audio and TrueHD?
    hurricane51
    post Jun 11 2011, 12:08 AM
    Post #1

WDTV EXPERT

Group: Members
    Member No.: 5,796

I have the Tommy album by The Who with the DVD Audio in TrueHD format. I have HDMI-3 cables between the LiveHub and my receiver, and my receiver is TrueHD capable.

I copied the file structure from the DVD to my USB hard drive and everything plays properly, but I'm wondering whether the audio signal being passed through is vanilla Dolby surround (from the VOB files) or the TrueHD DVD Audio (from the AOB files in the AUDIO_TS folder).

The LiveHub only passes through one audio stream and doesn't give me the option of selecting any other one, so that doesn't help. My receiver displays the same info for all Dolby audio sources. The only clue I have is that the MediaInfo utility reports 6.1 audio for the "standard" audio track and 5.1 for the TrueHD, and my receiver shows a 5.1 audio source.

I know this all sounds confusing, and it is to me as well. The problem stems from the fact that the audio doesn't sound as good as other remixed/remastered DVD tracks where the producers chose to use DTS instead of DVD Audio (sounds "muddy").

Can anyone offer any help to find out which audio stream the LiveHub is passing through?
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Jun 11 2011, 12:08 AM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Go to the top of the page

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 06:10 AM