Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       Video freezing while audio plays
    kyle osborune
    post Jul 24 2011, 03:50 AM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 71,162

hey guys im new here and just joined to ask this question (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) so anyway my wdtv media box is great and works fine and then i added a new video to it and when it plays the video freezes and stops with like 1 frame being showed every 20 seconds, the audio is fine and is playing non -stop. also on my computer the video and audio work fine and the video itself is flawless. so i was wondering if this was a problem i could fix and if so any help would be appreciated immensely thankyou. oh and btw the video is pokemon ive gotten it for past memories lol and id like to add that season 1 and 2 are the problems season 3 works fine and im not sure about 4 or 5 thankyou
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Jul 24 2011, 03:50 AM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Jul 24 2011, 09:35 AM
    Post #2

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

Are you sure you have the Gen. 1 and not a newer model?

Since Season 3 is fine, clearly the problem lies in how Seasons 1 and 2 were encoded. You haven't mentioned any specifics about the videos, so all I can suggest is that you use the ArcSoft MediaConverter that came with the player to re-encode the problem files and make them compatible.

+Quote Post
    kyle osborune
    post Jul 25 2011, 11:05 PM
    Post #3

WDTV USER

im sorry im not a good whiz at this stuff lol um im not sure anything came with it id have to do a bit of searching around but anyway tell me what details you need for the video and il give you them

+Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Jul 26 2011, 01:27 AM
    Post #4

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

You could run MediaInfo on the problem file and copy-paste the text format report here. We may or may not be able to figure out the exact problem after looking at said report.

ArcSoft MediaConverter can be found on the disc that accompanied the player, but be sure to apply the latest patch before you use it.

+Quote Post
    kyle osborune
    post Jul 30 2011, 04:45 AM
    Post #5

WDTV USER

Im really sorry if this bothers you but can you tell me what to do in specifics and i mean real specifics coz im really not good at this stuff i only know how to download stuff and add em to a harddrive thanx (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Jul 30 2011, 09:07 AM
    Post #6

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Ok, to be perfectly honest I have never used ArcSoft MC myself, since 99% of my files play back without a hitch. A lot of it was ripped from discs and left as-is (some were converted to MKVs as well) by me, so they all work just fine.

I don't think it ought to be so difficult though. Just add the videos to the program for conversion and test the result on the player. I'm sure since it came bundled with the Gen. 1, it ought to have presets suitable for creating files that will be 100% compatible with the player. So you really shouldn't have to mess around with too many settings to convert properly. I recommend that you try with a small file first, and if it works fine, go ahead and (batch) convert all the problem files you have.

If you have any issues, provide screenshots if possible and a full description of what you did and what errors, if any, you got. We'll try our best to help. There are also some great forums dedicated to audio/video ripping/conversion etc., such as http://forum.videohelp.com, http://forum.doom9.org and http://forums.afterdawn.com among others, that you might want to visit.

P.S. SUPER is also a great video encoding utility.

+Quote Post
    kyle osborune
    post Aug 2 2011, 09:34 PM
    Post #7

WDTV USER

alright ive gone looking and cant find the disk can i do this without the disc that came with the media box?

+Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Aug 2 2011, 11:08 PM
    Post #8

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

If you can't download a copy of ArcSoft MC from anywhere, try SUPER and see.

+Quote Post
    kyle osborune
    post Aug 24 2011, 05:57 AM
    Post #9

WDTV USER

alright ive gotten super now what do i convert the videos to??

+Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Aug 27 2011, 08:52 AM
    Post #10

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Since you still haven't mentioned any details regarding the videos, all I can say is that the supported containers/codecs are mentioned in the manual, so you can pick any one and try a few short encodes to see what works best for you.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 30th October 2014 - 09:53 AM