Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       New firmware 2.07.17 - screenblanker stops audio bug, 2.07.17 firmware bug - the screenblanker stops the audio
    CrazzeeBruce
    post Aug 3 2011, 07:52 AM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 50,295

Hi All,

I have noticed since i upgraded the firmware to 2.07.17 the screenblanker/saver stops the playing audio, if you have an audio track playing as the screensaver kicks in the track stops. nice bug boys...

Cheers,
    Bruce.
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Aug 3 2011, 07:52 AM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    pearl
    post Aug 3 2011, 07:44 PM
    Post #2

WDTV SEMI-PRO

Member No.: 23,064

This morning I upgraded to 2.07.17. Install went fine and was able to access new options (Hulu Plus etc). Noticed this evening that when I was listening to music, either an album on the local drive or using a radio station on "tune In" (which is an awesome app) that the music would simply stop once the screensaver went on.

Fiddled a bit changing the SS and looking throuh the other options and finaly gave up. I downgraded back to 2.06.10 and everything works as expected again. Good enough for me at the moment. I listen to a lot of musc and like having the screensaver come on and cycle through pictures that I have in a folder. Shame to lose out on Hulu Plus to do it but I was unclear if I was going to by the service anyways.

Anyone else seeing this problem?

-P

+Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Aug 3 2011, 11:40 PM
    Post #3

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

QUOTE (CrazzeeBruce @ Aug 3 2011, 07:22 PM) *
    nice bug boys...

Welcome to a game we like to call Firmware Roulette! Thanks for playing, come again! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
    magson
    post Aug 4 2011, 08:46 PM
    Post #4

WDTV USER

Member No.: 68,625

Yes I got the same issue... With the WDTV screensaver the music works fine... when switch SS to pictures from folder it bugs the music.

+Quote Post
    pacorob
    post Aug 30 2011, 07:30 AM
    Post #5

WDTV USER

Member No.: 78,346

Indeed when you set it to 'WDTV' screensaver logo it does continue playing the audio. Unfortunately the bug is there when you choose for the background images. Hopefully this will be fixed in a next release. It has been discussed also on the official forum so i assume WDTV will fix this in the next release.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 05:58 AM