Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       Stuck on loading screen
    willmic1
    post Aug 10 2011, 04:47 PM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 74,876

Forgive me if this is addressed elsewhere. I haven't seen it. My WDTVLIVEHUB stars up then hangs at the screen prior to the home screen. It just sits on loading and never changes. I tried a hard reset, removing power, removing external USB drive and none had any effect. Has anyone encountered and how do I resolve.
    Thanks
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Aug 10 2011, 04:47 PM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Aug 10 2011, 11:36 PM
    Post #2

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

Did this start happening after a recent FW update (or a failed attempt)? In any case, try a reflash of the latest FW or a downgrade, as per the instructions in the Tutorials section.

+Quote Post
    willmic1
    post Aug 11 2011, 04:38 PM
    Post #3

WDTV USER

QUOTE (WDUser @ Aug 11 2011, 12:36 AM) *
    Did this start happening after a recent FW update (or a failed attempt)? In any case, try a reflash of the latest FW or a downgrade, as per the instructions in the Tutorials section.

Sort of. My assumption is that a firmware upgrade caused the failure, however the system had rebooted at least once since the last upgrade.

I didn't think that the downgrade would work as I don't have a screen option to choose to flash the new firmware. I will try that and reply back if I can do so.

I appreciate the response.

+Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Aug 12 2011, 12:30 AM
    Post #4

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

As I mentioned here: http://wdtvhd.com/index.php?showtopic=10321

Insert the pen drive and wait for the player to recognize the new firmware. Better still, boot the player by plugging in the power cord, with the pen drive already inserted. (The latter method is the way to go if your player doesn't boot properly after a firmware flash gone wrong.)

+Quote Post
    willmic1
    post Aug 13 2011, 10:06 AM
    Post #5

WDTV USER

I formatted the pen drive using the utility quoted in the tutorial. I updated the file to reflect version 6.xxx as it was referenced in another tutorial. I rebooted with the pen drive inserted in each USB slot (front and back) to make sure there wasn't a USB order of booting. In every try I get the same result. I get the first Splash Screen of WD then the next Screen of WD TV Live Hub and after a second a message of loading pops up under the logo and then it just hangs there.

+Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Aug 13 2011, 03:54 PM
    Post #6

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Did you place the FW files in the root of the FAT32-formatted pen drive?

Is the drive even being read? Seems the player is completely ignoring it and not launching into auto-update mode, which is what should happen if it finds updated FW at startup.

Try a few more drives and see. As for the version, I hope you actually did not specify it as 6.xxx? Just edit it to something like 3.00.00 and it ought to work.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 05:11 AM