Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       FW 2.08.13 and M3U Playlists
    hurricane51
    post Oct 26 2011, 08:48 PM
    Post #1

WDTV EXPERT

Group: Members
    Member No.: 5,796

This problem applies to audio files and it may extend to other playlist formats. I've observed it on my system only, so confirmation by other users would be appreciated.

FW 2.07.17 essentially broke all my M3U audio playlists. They simply didn't work under that version so I rolled back to 2.06.10 until the bug got fixed.
    FW 2.08.13 fixed the bug so I can use playlists again (the same ones!) but they only display with filenames, not titles. The tracks also fail to display track name and artist, so it appears than once again nobody at WD decided to QC this fix. WD has always treated audio tags lightly. Maybe they don't quite understand their importance at managing audio files.

This occurs in both MP3 and FLAC formats.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Oct 26 2011, 08:48 PM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    hurricane51
    post Nov 30 2011, 06:13 AM
    Post #2

WDTV EXPERT

Group: Members
    Member No.: 5,796

This has not been addressed in FW 3.00.28. Too busy with all the flashy new features to go back and fix the stuff they broke along the way.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 22nd September 2014 - 06:15 AM