Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       Live streaming view
    imback
    post Nov 6 2011, 05:52 PM
    Post #1

WDTV SEMI-PRO

Group: Members
    Member No.: 83,028

my set up is a follows - one folder named television, within that folder a number of other folders containing tv shows and within those folders episodes of the tv shows, hope you are following me so far

I am using the gallery view so i have thumbnails running along the bottom of the screen with a jpeg of the tv show

i then select the thumbnail, say arrested development and it shows me all the episodes for that season and then i must go into that folder to see the episode plot,actors ,runtime etc

i would like to have it setup so that i select the episode and the plot comes up in the background rather than have to go into the episode folder to see the plot

i hope you have followed what i am saying...i do believe it can be done but i am not too sure how to go about it

cheers

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Nov 6 2011, 05:52 PM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    tony_g
    post Nov 8 2011, 04:43 AM
    Post #2

WDTV USER

Member No.: 91,584

Hi
    I am in the same situation and keep all my movies and tv shows in separate folder. The movie folder may well contain more than just the movie, but trailers as well. The TV series folder will contain episodes for that series When in Gallery view I would like to see the backdrop picture change for each folder that I view, so it can show a picture associated with that series, just like it does for the video files within the folder.
    I think many people have there media files organised this way.
    Is there away to achieve this ? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

+Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Nov 13 2011, 11:04 AM
    Post #3

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

This is a new model and no custom FW is available for it yet. If the same checks are present as in the Live Hub, then unfortunately custom FW is not gonna be released for this model at all. Thus unless WD releases an update or someone manages to hack the player, changing the view mode most likely will not be possible.

+Quote Post
    imback
    post Nov 14 2011, 05:53 PM
    Post #4

WDTV SEMI-PRO

Member No.: 83,028

i dont believe that you would need custom firmware to do what we are trying to do, the interface of the player comes with"blank" spaces for movie name, director actors etc etc its all sitting there waiting to be filled in, maybe wd are going to develop something in the future so this option can be used, dont know

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 06:57 PM