Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       Audio issue with pass through
    Niranjan
    post Nov 22 2011, 12:38 AM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 19,475

Hi all

this may sound silly but I wanted some solution to this.

I have WD TV HD LIVE with latest firmware, I can play almost all formats of A/V.

my audio output options are stereo that means the dolby 5.1 is downgraded to 2 channel.

the setup is, WDTV to HDTV via HDMI, Audio out from TV (RCA) to home theatre OR WDTV AV out to home theatre (RCA) (home theatre is 5.1 dolby digital/dolby pro logic II).

when I set the audio options on wdtv to digital I dont get audio in my TV as it is not capable of decoding 5.1 dolby. since my TV audio out (RCA) is connected to my home theatre, I assume at least the audio is sent out as is. but thats not the case. WDTV audio (pass through / digital) doesn't play at all.

I also tried connecting WDTV AV out to my home theatre AV In (through RCA) to check if I can get the real surround. I wanted to know if I put audio settings as digital do i get 5.1 in 2 channel RCA ?

is there a way to get 5.1 sound through RCA considering my setup.
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Nov 22 2011, 12:38 AM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    Rev Drew
    post Nov 22 2011, 05:05 AM
    Post #2

Global Moderator
    Group Icon

Group: Global Mod :: Site Supporter
    Member No.: 10

I have all my devices connected to my stereo, then 1 output to the TV. My WDTV has HDMI and optical both going to the stereo / amp.
    I have never tried hooking it up directly to the TV and then to the amp, just doesn't make sense for me and my setup.
    and no way to get 5.1 through 2 channel RCA that I am aware of. the live plus will pass audio through better than the live does.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 12:48 AM