Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       Adding select Network Shares from Server
    nickb
    post Dec 1 2011, 09:54 AM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 96,494

Hi Guys,

Just got the new WD Live Streaming player, and I have a couple of questions regarding setting up Network Shares from my server, which is running Windows Home Server V1.

I have multiple shares from my server, music, books, films, photos, TV etc. i am really only inerested in seeing just the shares Films and TV. But when I add my server, it shows all the different shares. Is there anyway I can only show those 2 shares?

Many thanks

Nick B
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Dec 1 2011, 09:54 AM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    thebigears
    post Dec 20 2011, 03:26 AM
    Post #2

WDTV USER

Member No.: 98,960

I found that when you first log into your server (username and password prompt), you'll have a checkbox called "add to media library" (something along those lines, I can't remember exactly). Check it off, then you'll have the option to add a folder to your library.

Seems it's only good for one folder each time you log in though, so to add more folders you'd need to go into setup, network, and clear the stored login info. Then just rinse and repeat.

Then next time you go into videos or whatever, select media library as your source. It'll only show folders you've added.

That's what I've found to work, but damn is it annoying to go back and forth to add more folders. Perhaps I'm missing something here? Anyone else with some input?

+Quote Post
    Esyl
    post Aug 22 2013, 01:45 AM
    Post #3

WDTV USER

Member No.: 222,465

How come I cannot see the media library as a source? If I check the setup options, I can see the folders that I've added there, but I can only see the options of; Local storage, network share, media server, but not the media library.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 04:05 PM