Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       WDTVlive plus crashes .avi movies
    coopeee
    post Dec 6 2011, 09:09 AM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 97,266

I've recently purchased two WDTV live plus units. Neither will consistantly play a movie without crashing.

I've stored these movies on a 2TB hard drive and they will play fine to my computer screen without the WDTVlive box so I assume the problem is with the WDTV box.
    If I use the WDTV live plus to watch the movie on my TV then I get the problems. Usually the problem is the movie stopping and then skipping but sometimes it will just lock up.

My hard drive is formatted for Mac. Is it possible the HDTV does not play well with a Mac formatted hard drive?

Any other ideas? So far thiese units are worthless to me as they are now. Thanks.

Ed
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Dec 6 2011, 09:09 AM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Dec 6 2011, 11:50 AM
    Post #2

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

Which firmware version is installed? How are you connecting the players to your TV? Have you tried different means of connection (composite/component/HDMI)? Have you tried changing cables? Does this happen only with AVIs or other formats as well? Have you formatted as HFS+ and disabled journaling? Can you also try playing back a couple of the problematic movies from a FAT32 pen drive? Have you tried both the soft reset option and the hard reset button?

P.S. Whether a software player is able to play the files on your PC is immaterial, as they are often more tolerant of file problems/corruption.

+Quote Post
    coopeee
    post Dec 7 2011, 10:53 AM
    Post #3

WDTV USER

Member No.: 97,266

If I must know the answer to these questions then I suppose I'm too stupid to own a WDTV Live plus (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Yesterday, a WD tech emailed me instructions for a roll back to an early version of firmware. This wasn't easy for me either but I did get it changed. There were about 5 firmware options to choose from and he said to choose the one that works the best which I thought was a bit odd. I did watch a complete movie last night without trouble (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) .
    Now I wonder how long this will last and if I should ever update the firmware again? Thanks for your thoughts.
    Ed

+Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Dec 8 2011, 03:34 PM
    Post #4

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

So did you manage to figure out at least which FW version you had, and which one you rolled back to?

"he said to choose the one that works the best" - Seems like the WD Support guy was clueless (what a surprise (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) ) and just hoped that a rollback might help for some unknown reason.

+Quote Post
    pablo83
    post Aug 22 2013, 01:12 PM
    Post #5

WDTV USER

Member No.: 223,004

Which firmware version was that becuase I am having the same issue playing certain avi's and I've never had that problem before.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 19th September 2014 - 05:56 PM