Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       WDTV Live Plus Not Recognizing Subtitle Files (SRT, SUB) In Any Sort of Network-Sharing Mode (Only via USB Connection)
    Obersturmfuhrer
    post Dec 19 2011, 09:46 AM
    Post #1

WDTV SEMI-PRO

Group: Members
    Member No.: 87,928

I have a small issue im dealing with, and when googling this topic I see it numerous places, including here on this forum (but not answered) http://wdtvhd.com/index.php?showtopic=33792. For some reason WDTV Live Plus wont recognize .SRT or .SUB files in any sort of Network streaming mode.. But once you copy the media and subtitle files to a USB drive it recognizes them no problem.. Ive even tried different media servers, TVersity, Serviio, none recgnize the subs. Just to be perfectly clear, Ill have "Random Move.AVI" in same folder as "Random Movie.srt". In Media Server OR Network Shares movie plays fine but WDTV shows "No subtitles". Once these same exact files are copied onto USB drive, they are recognized.

Now, this isnt to say that in network mode WDTV NEVER recgnoizes subs.. In some MKV's container files have sub titles embedded in them (multilingual) and they work fine via network mode, and most of the time DVD files have the subs recognized. It's mainly the AVI/SRT network incompatibility that is the problem.

Any suggestions? Thank you.
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Dec 19 2011, 09:46 AM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    Rev Drew
    post Dec 19 2011, 03:42 PM
    Post #2

Global Moderator
    Group Icon

Group: Global Mod :: Site Supporter
    Member No.: 10

I can't recall if they ever worked over network shares or media servers to be honest.

I use WDLXTV and mount my shares and they work perfectly fine.
    it has been so long since I used WD firmware I would be guessing at best.

+Quote Post
    Obersturmfuhrer
    post Dec 19 2011, 08:01 PM
    Post #3

WDTV SEMI-PRO

Group: Members
    Member No.: 87,928

Ive done some research on this topic and forgive me I understand "mounting" has to do with NFS, but what does the term actually mean? when I think of Mounting I think of mounting an .ISO with Daemon Tools..What do you mean exactly when you say you "mount your shares"? what is exactly happening when you do this? Are they still being broadcast via network to WDTV? I have read some technical sites regarding this but it is a bit too complex for me without studying it for a bit because it deals with mostly non-GUI based interface and many command lines, etc.. In my WDLXTV config tool for some reason NFS mounts doesnt show up on left hand corner.. Ive installed apache too.. so I just gave up.. I cant even figure out how to stream video from sites like break.com or viveo.com etc,, they either come up with "..does not recognize that format" or just dont show up at all...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 30th October 2014 - 09:57 PM