Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       New User Questions
    EvaUnit02
    post Dec 25 2011, 03:13 PM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 32,087

I've been a long time user of the Live Plus and just picked up the Live Hub. I have a few questions:

-How exactly do I put the device in to standby? Is it an instant press of the power button as opposed to a long press? I'm using a Harmony One and suspect I programmed the remote incorrectly; so, my device keeps getting turned off.

-Everytime I boot the device, I receive a notice that reads, "getting content info..." This lasts for about ten minutes. What exactly is happening during this time? Would putting the device in to standby (as opposed to turning it off) remedy this long loading period?

-When transferring files from my computer to the Hub's internal hard drive (via the share itself, not any sort of software), the transfer is painfully slow. It reports as about 6.44MBps. Is there any way to increase this transfer rate?

-Is it safe to delete the sample media directory from the internal hard drive?

Thanks so much!
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Dec 25 2011, 03:13 PM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    WaynesNside
    post Jan 1 2012, 09:49 PM
    Post #2

WDTV PRO

Group: Members
    Member No.: 8,953

Put the unit into standby by just pressing the power button real quick. If you hold till it turns off your powering the unit fully down. Then it's going to compile media when powering up and it takes a while. I only use standby with mine, but I just figured this out recently too with my Logitech remote which was sending a longer signal sending my HUB into power down mode. Took me a while to figure out why it was compiling every time I power it when it never used to do that.

Standy would remedy that long loading period.

Not sure what to do about the transfer speed. It takes a while for me to move my MKVs also. I just deal with it.

I deleted my sample media.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 10:07 AM