Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       Connection using Composite cables, Getting hooked up on a 10 year old TV using Composite
    maritimer555
    post Jan 4 2012, 01:17 PM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 13,759

Hi Folks,

Iím trying to set up a WD TV Live on a 10 year old TV that my brother uses. The TV only has one composite set of jacks.

The WD unit came with a composite to audio cord but when I used it, the old TV was fluttering. It was like I needed the old style vertical or horizontal hold button to adjust it.

My theory is that I need to take the WD TV Live back to my own TV hook it up and change the audio settings for use with Composite cord (originally I had it configured to use with HDMI). I am assuming when I reinstall it at my brothers on his older TV that the screen will act normal and he can view things as it supposed to work.

Has anyone had such a problem and is my theory in fixing it workable ? AS my brother lives hours away I wanted to make sure my theory is correct before i drive 2 hours to retrieve the unit.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Jan 4 2012, 01:17 PM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    Spasch
    post Jan 5 2012, 04:04 AM
    Post #2

WDTV GURU

Member No.: 17,969

Do you mean Composite (4 cables) or Component (3 cables)? I recently set up a TV Live unit that was outputting via HDMI to an old CRT TV using the component cables and there was no set up required on the WD - it just worked.

Does your TV have identical plugs? If not, try finding someone local that you can test it on.

+Quote Post
    maritimer555
    post Jan 5 2012, 08:08 AM
    Post #3

WDTV USER

well all good questions.
    My brothers tv has 3 plugs in the back that I thought were composite not component.
    I think i have a composite port in the front of my 50" plasma that can be used for xbox etc. i was going to try and get it working using that.

+Quote Post
    Spasch
    post Jan 6 2012, 05:37 AM
    Post #4

WDTV GURU

Member No.: 17,969

QUOTE (maritimer555 @ Jan 5 2012, 03:08 PM) *
    well all good questions.
    My brothers tv has 3 plugs in the back that I thought were composite not component.
    I think i have a composite port in the front of my 50" plasma that can be used for xbox etc. i was going to try and get it working using that.

Cool, component it is then.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Have you managed to test it, yet?

+Quote Post
    maritimer555
    post Jan 6 2012, 11:27 AM
    Post #5

WDTV USER

Not yet. It arrived back from him today. I will test on the weekend.
    Thanks for your interest and help.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 19th October 2014 - 10:24 PM