Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       Streaming Media Player does not stream
    delphinus
    post Feb 12 2012, 08:19 PM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 105,848

Hi All,

I just purchased the WDTV Live Streaming Media Player so we could access Netflix and such on our TV, and also to be able to stream video files currently on my laptop (running Vista 64-bit).

Here's the thing, it totally doesn't stream videos. Sometimes I can connect to the laptop as a media server, but by the time I navigate through the folders to get to the file I want to watch, it times out and I get an error "Network store has been removed."

The WDTV unit itself is connected to the network via wired connection so I don't think it's the network connection. The laptop is through wifi but there are no connectivity issues through wifi on this unit at all so I don't think it's that.

It does sort of behave like a connectivity issue however. For example if I send a video on my phone to watch on the WDTV, about 50% of the time it will work, the other 50% the phone cannot detect the WDTV.

I am running the latest firmware (1.06.04) - device says it is up to date.

If I connect to the laptop via the network share option, I can see various share points from the laptop but none of the media files therein (I would imagine this is a different issue, which I'll need to explore some more too at some point, but it would be nice to just have a solid network connectivity to this issue).

I'm sure I'm overlooking something simple. Any advice is appreciated.

-- Tony
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Feb 12 2012, 08:19 PM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    Orly
    post Feb 13 2012, 09:48 PM
    Post #2

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 105,636

I would try connecting the laptop through a wired connection, temporarily disable its WiFi radio, and test. If the problem persist, only then we'll know for sure that it's not a connectiveity issue.

If it is a connectivity issue, it's very likely that WiFi is the culprit. This is not to say that a wired connection is always trouble-free. But there are a lot more things that can go wrong with WiFi in comparison. Interferrence is the first thing that comes to mind. Search Google for its effects on WiFi as well as ways to mitigate or work around it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 28th November 2014 - 09:29 PM