Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       WD TV Live stopped playing?
    JotR
    post Feb 29 2012, 12:43 AM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 107,959

Have been using my WD TV Live for the last few weeks, after initially having a hard time setting it up it's been perfect with my Media Server from my PC running Windows 7.

As of today however, when I turn it on and start browsing my files, if I select a video to play the screen goes dark and it simply shoes the orange circle going around, and around, and around.....and around. This has never happened before, normally videos would start playback pretty much straight away, and I'm not sure whats going on.

Any suggestions?
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Feb 29 2012, 12:43 AM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Feb 29 2012, 05:15 AM
    Post #2

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

Moved from v1 to Live section.

Do you own the original Live or the latest Live SMP? Which firmware version? If not the latest, try updating (don't mix up the FW versions for different models!) Also try the hard reset button (see manual for more).

BTW, how about videos played from a directly attached USB drive? Do they exhibit the same behaviour?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 02:14 AM