Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       Media player not reading hard drive
    hakandemoglu
    post Mar 14 2012, 08:37 AM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 108,789

Its been about 5 days since I started using my new media player. At first there was no problem I connecteed my Hard drive to the USB port behind the media player and I connected a memory stick to the USB port in front. Every thinhg was working ok. Yesterday when I turned it on it wasn't reading my hard drive. It says the last content source has been removed. when i try to select a new content source it says no storage present. It still reads the USB stick both infront and behind. I thought the problem might be with the hard drive. I connected it with my lap top and it's working fine. Please advise me how to solve this problem
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Mar 14 2012, 08:37 AM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    b_sel54
    post Mar 14 2012, 11:43 AM
    Post #2

WDTV USER

Member No.: 107,509

It's happend to me too...I fixed this problem by turning off the WD Media player and unplugging the hard drive from the WD Meadia player and the power. Wait for about a minute then power on the hard drive but dont conect it to the ED Media player yet....then turn on the Media player. When the are both on and ready plug the usb from the Hard Drive back on to the WD player.

It will ask you for the source again so you'll have to select local Media, but that should fix the issue.

+Quote Post
    Delar2946
    post Mar 26 2012, 11:12 PM
    Post #3

WDTV USER

Member No.: 109,667

Little lost here. I have watched movies I downloaded drectly to my usb hooked to the wdtv and now It asks for me to change location.It see that I have a 8 GB USB flash drive that is blank but wont allow me to download to it like before.

I only use the 1 port and have changed the view. I tried local & media Library for source. Local shows the hard drive but again cant download to it. Did a reset, have broadband and everything is working except this

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 18th September 2014 - 07:41 AM