Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       my WDTV crapped out :(
    younggiac
    post Mar 18 2012, 03:42 PM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 109,038

so i've had this WDTV for 1-2 months now. i use it in my room on an old TV with composite cables.

about a week ago i brought it into the living room to use on the HDTV for a movie.

everything worked fine, when i brought it back to my room, it stopped working.

basically, when i power it on, the power WD light blinks constantly on the front of it. there's no display at all on the screen. i tried hooking it back up to the HDTV to see if it would work, it didn't.

this is really depressing. i have the WDTV with a terabyte hard drive built into it, and i have over 600 GBs of media on it. i never thought my WDTV would just crap out so i didn't back up any of the media.

i would really hate to have this replaced and have all that media lost. can someone please help me fix this? i would greatly appreciate it. thank you.

also, i tried using the reset button in the back, and it didn't change anything.
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Mar 18 2012, 03:42 PM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Mar 19 2012, 11:43 AM
    Post #2

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

Moved to the Live Hub section.

Have you tried different cables - HDMI, composite, component?

Also try inserting a FAT32-formatted USB stick with the latest firmware files on it (you might need to edit the version number in the .VER file as mentioned in the Tutorials section), then boot the player by inserting the power cord. If all goes well, it should enter auto-update mode and start the FW flash process.

+Quote Post
    younggiac
    post Apr 1 2012, 06:59 PM
    Post #3

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 109,038

yes, i've tried using different cables, both HDMI and composite. it worked with both before, now it works on neither.

i did as you instructed by inserting the disk with the new firmware on it. it's in a folder called WDTV_1_03_01

i have no idea what you're talking about by editing the version number.

the device is still broken. :'( i've been out a $200 device for over 3 weeks now...
    i guess i'll just return it :/

i had to go out of state on business. if the device weren't broken i would have brought it with me :/

(if this thread gets no replies i'll delete and re-post. i didn't mean to wait so long to reply but i had urgent matters to attend to. i'm free now, however.)

+Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Apr 2 2012, 04:42 AM
    Post #4

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

QUOTE (younggiac @ Apr 2 2012, 06:29 AM) *
    i did as you instructed by inserting the disk with the new firmware on it. it's in a folder called WDTV_1_03_01

No folders!

QUOTE (younggiac @ Apr 2 2012, 06:29 AM) *
    i have no idea what you're talking about by editing the version number.

I mentioned the Tutorials section. Follow the instructions in here: http://wdtvhd.com/index.php?showtopic=10321

If it doesn't work and you are in a position to get it exchanged, I'd recommend you hurry up and do so.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 1st November 2014 - 03:38 AM