Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       Newbie Help Please, Folders etc...
    Thirty12
    post Mar 19 2012, 12:25 PM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 109,088

Hi, please excuse my ignorance here. I am new to media players etc... I have a WDTV Live SMP box connected to a WD network hard drive and I fully understand that there is no custom firmware and that there probably never will be.

However, I am less than impressed with the current set up I have and can't really seem to work out what to do.

I would like to know how I go about setting up my folders on the WDTV so that the video folder only contains videos and the photo folder contains only photos etc... I have tried doing it by individually adding folders to my media library but they don;t all see to add, only a couple do. I can never get pictures to add.

If I connect to my folders any other way, I get all the folders on my NAS drive displayed.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you all in advance

Matt
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Mar 19 2012, 12:25 PM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    Spasch
    post Mar 20 2012, 06:15 AM
    Post #2

WDTV GURU

Group: Members
    Member No.: 17,969

Nope, you're not - it's always worked like this (I have 2 Live units and a SMP and they all do this). To get around it, my NAS has its folders set as Movies, Pictures, TV, etc and the relevant content in folders inside those.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 08:01 AM