Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       Music Player needs to be improved !!
    MRP
    post Jul 27 2009, 08:09 AM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 1,254

I bought the WD TV HD in order to have a single and universal multimedia player, so the quality of the music player should also be aligned with the video and photo playback.

Some concerns and ideas for improvements:

- Optimize the user interface of the music player. Actually it’s is really uncomfortable and slow.
    - I miss some essential features of my old Media HD or even the simplest iPod has as an Equalizer option (7 Band or simply define Rock/Jazz/Classic/etc…).
    - Between songs the player does a pause of 2 or 3 seconds, also on Live Albums. (I checked my MP3 files, but on the specific Live Albums the songs are not faded out/in)
    - etc..

Usage of WD TV HD: 70% Music, 29% Video and 1% Photos. So the quality of the music player is really important for me. (I don’t want to have for each kind of media a different player.
    Regards,
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Jul 27 2009, 08:09 AM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    ToJa92
    post Jul 27 2009, 02:10 PM
    Post #2

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 1,257

"- Optimize the user interface of the music player. Actually it’s is really uncomfortable and slow."

Highly agree with that, more info provided and have it faster would be great.

"- I miss some essential features of my old Media HD or even the simplest iPod has as an Equalizer option (7 Band or simply define Rock/Jazz/Classic/etc…)."

I never use the equalizer, so for me it doesen't really matter.

"- Between songs the player does a pause of 2 or 3 seconds, also on Live Albums. (I checked my MP3 files, but on the specific Live Albums the songs are not faded out/in)"

I haven't tested, but if that's the case I hope they'll fix it soon.

+Quote Post
    Brucie
    post Sep 2 2009, 08:25 AM
    Post #3

WDTV USER

Member No.: 1,300

I agree with the music player, the gap between mp3s is a pain. It happens (I believe) because the player waits for the track to finish before loading and de-coding the next one leaving a slight pause.
    So the next firmware shouldto allow the player to pre-load a few seconds of the next track in advance so it has something to de-code and not have to wait for the current track to end.

+Quote Post
    Rev Drew
    post Sep 2 2009, 01:56 PM
    Post #4

Global Moderator
    Group Icon

Group: Global Mod :: Site Supporter
    Member No.: 10

QUOTE (Brucie @ Sep 2 2009, 11:25 AM) *
    I agree with the music player, the gap between mp3s is a pain. It happens (I believe) because the player waits for the track to finish before loading and de-coding the next one leaving a slight pause.
    So the next firmware shouldto allow the player to pre-load a few seconds of the next track in advance so it has something to de-code and not have to wait for the current track to end.

yer in luck!

CODE
    http://wdtv.uservoice.com/pages/17442-general/suggestions/184982-gapless-audio

+Quote Post
    kladimere
    post Sep 2 2009, 07:43 PM
    Post #5

WDTV SEMI-PRO

Member No.: 1,432

I don't use the equaliser anyway, cause I plug it into a decent Denon Amplifier, hehe, and use its tone controls.

I find the navigation of the media player is the main problem. I have over 2000 band folders, and it takes around 10 minutes, to scroll through to find the band that you are after.

+Quote Post
    rbotboy
    post Oct 6 2009, 10:55 AM
    Post #6

WDTV USER

Member No.: 109

Faster Media Search by folder and album view while scrolling through music folders would be a godsend. The search function is useless when I try to search my music folder for a band. Instead of metadata I wish it would search for the folder titled example: "AC DC - 1980 - Back In Black. instead of searching and listing all the songs of AC DC. Specific Album search would be cool. Thxs

+Quote Post
    peking
    post Jan 25 2010, 02:15 PM
    Post #7

WDTV USER

Member No.: 483

Hi All,

I'm using both WDTVv1 and WDTVLive at home, and i'm planning to replace the DVD player in my car to a WDTV. I love it, WDTV is really the greatest player ever, with some minor problems.

Here comes my question regarding the music player function:

Is there any chance to have an equalizer, or at least a simple bass/treble tone control in wdtv ?
    Is the Sigma chipset able to change the tone parameters by controlling its DSP by software?
    (it can be wdtvhd mini, v1, v2 or live, doesn't matter)
    The main problem that my car's head unit (more precisely: TV tuner's AV input) does not allow me to use the tone control functions when using the AV input.
    It'd be good to know as i'm close to buy my 3rd player, however this is the main decision point, as i don't want to use external EQ.

Anyone has some suggestions or ideas about this?
    /Mark

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 02:57 AM