Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       Problem with HDMI Output
    Emre Güner
    post Aug 13 2009, 03:26 PM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 1,674

I have WD TV and Samsung LE40A616A3F Full HD LCD TV. it seems the device's HDMI output doesn’t work correctly. The device switch automatically to composite even when only an HDMI cable is connected and not a composite cable.

When I turn on the device, the HDMI output works for 2 seconds during startup, then the device switch to composite mode.
    When I manually switch to HDMI, the device switch back to composite directly.

A workaround is to manually choose HDMI output and manually choose for “720p 60hz” in stead of “auto”. Next I must leave the Settings menu quickly. Now the device will use the HDMI output. But when I turn off and turn on again, the device switch to composite again ??

I tought the problem was caused from the device and updated firmwire. but there was no solution. so i changed the device for a new one, but problem is still appears.

Is it from some kind of software problem or the device cant recognise my TV ?
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Aug 13 2009, 03:26 PM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    Charlie
    post Aug 13 2009, 06:29 PM
    Post #2

WDTV PRO

Member No.: 1,386

I wonder if the HDMI cable is bad? What about the HDMI connection on the back of the T.V. it could be bad? Is your TV only capable to produce 720p? I can't find no info in the USA on the specs for this.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-LE40A616A3...boutThisProduct

QUOTE (Emre Güner @ Aug 13 2009, 02:26 PM) *
    I have WD TV and Samsung LE40A616A3F Full HD LCD TV. it seems the device's HDMI output doesn’t work correctly. The device switch automatically to composite even when only an HDMI cable is connected and not a composite cable.

When I turn on the device, the HDMI output works for 2 seconds during startup, then the device switch to composite mode.
    When I manually switch to HDMI, the device switch back to composite directly.

A workaround is to manually choose HDMI output and manually choose for “720p 60hz” in stead of “auto”. Next I must leave the Settings menu quickly. Now the device will use the HDMI output. But when I turn off and turn on again, the device switch to composite again ??

I tought the problem was caused from the device and updated firmwire. but there was no solution. so i changed the device for a new one, but problem is still appears.

Is it from some kind of software problem or the device cant recognise my TV ?

+Quote Post
    neverlift
    post Aug 13 2009, 06:50 PM
    Post #3

WDTV Live X3
    Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
    Member No.: 1

You might want to also keep it connected and do a system restore and see what happens, might be all it needs. Or like Charlie said it could be a bad cable you might want to check that as well. If its a bad cable go to BlueJeanCables.com and tell them wdtvforums sent you, they have the best HDMI cables and price on the market!

Cheers!

+Quote Post
    Emre Güner
    post Aug 14 2009, 12:03 AM
    Post #4

WDTV USER

I checked it with different HDMI cable and there was no solution. Now looking for another HDTV unit for try.

+Quote Post
    Emre Güner
    post Aug 14 2009, 12:14 AM
    Post #5

WDTV USER

QUOTE (Charlie @ Aug 14 2009, 03:29 AM) *
    I wonder if the HDMI cable is bad? What about the HDMI connection on the back of the T.V. it could be bad? Is your TV only capable to produce 720p? I can't find no info in the USA on the specs for this.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-LE40A616A3...boutThisProduct

Here it is :
    http://www.directtvs.co.uk/Samsung_40_Inch...A3F/version.asp

+Quote Post
    ToJa92
    post Aug 14 2009, 01:54 AM
    Post #6

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 1,257

Try connecting both composite and HDMI at the same time, start your WDTV, go and change into HDMI output, set 1080P 24Hz mode, then press ok. The picture will dissapear, disconnect the composite cables from your WDTV, switch to HDMI on your tv, press ok and it should work. It happens for me sometimes, and that is the only solution that works for me.

+Quote Post
    zoog
    post Aug 16 2009, 07:21 AM
    Post #7

WDTV USER

Member No.: 1,760

I am having problems too.... 2 brands Hdmi cables(both brand new ) yield nothing more than a blinking tv screen although composite cables work fine... When i change the settings to HDMI they stay at HDMI.... but when i attempt to make resolution changes as indicated by ToJa92: ....

"ToJa92 :
    Try connecting both composite and HDMI at the same time, start your WDTV, go and change into HDMI output, set 1080P 24Hz mode, then press ok. The picture will dissapear, disconnect the composite cables from your WDTV, switch to HDMI on your tv, press ok and it should work. It happens for me sometimes, and that is the only solution that works for me. "

.... the resolution reverts to auto.... ? I really have no clue

+Quote Post
    Emre Güner
    post Aug 27 2009, 06:39 AM
    Post #8

WDTV USER

SOLVED :

Solution is a new HDMI Cable with 1.3b support and Gold ended connectors. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
    Parker4551
    post Sep 1 2009, 05:10 PM
    Post #9

WDTV USER

Member No.: 2,578

QUOTE (Emre Güner @ Aug 27 2009, 07:39 AM) *
    SOLVED :

Solution is a new HDMI Cable with 1.3b support and Gold ended connectors. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I have the same problem, doesn't matter what cable I use, not even the 1.3b and gold ended connectors. Must be something else. Is this still working for you? Did you change anything else prior to that which might have gotten the job done?

+Quote Post
    gldl
    post Sep 6 2009, 02:08 PM
    Post #10

WDTV USER

Member No.: 2,756

QUOTE (Emre Güner @ Aug 27 2009, 05:39 AM) *
    SOLVED :

TOTALLY AGREE, I HAVE BEEN TRIED 4 HDMI CABLES, TWO OF THEM WORK, THEY ARE BOTH WITH 1.3 SUPORT.

THERE ARE SOME DIFFERENCES BETWEEN CABLES, ESPECIALLY THOSE OLD ONE OR VERY CHEAP ONE THAT MIGHT STILL WORKS WITH SOME OF THE BIGGER AUDIO &. VIDEO DEVICE LIKE DVD PLAYER, PROBABLY WON'T WORK ON THE WD TV. I HAD MY NEW CABLE AT WILDCABLE.COM WITH A VERY REASONABLE PRICE, LIKE LESS THAN $20 FOR A 6-FEET CABLE THAT I BOUGHT( IT JUST WORKS ITSELF RIGHT AFTER I PLUG IN, BUT MAKE SURE YOUR COMPOSITE CABLE IS UNPLUGGE, AND THE POWER IS UNPLUGGED FOR AT LEAST 10-15 SECONDS, AND IT WILL START TO LOAD THE SYSTEM THROUGH THE HDMI CALBE RIGHT AFTER YOU PLUG THE POWER BACK ON).

OK HOPE IT COULD HELP, ENJOY THE HIGH DEFINITION VIDEO. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

+Quote Post
    ToJa92
    post Sep 7 2009, 12:22 AM
    Post #11

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 1,257

I just bought a really cheap HDMI cable which works flawlessly. My TV isn't full HD tough, but the cable can transfer 1080P (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 10:44 AM