Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       Sound delay problems
    tolovaj
    post Sep 15 2009, 02:47 AM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 3,098

Hi!

I have a problem with audio out of sync. After watching movie usualy for about 10 minutes picture suddenly goes black (and no audio), and after that every movie i play has a little annoying delay in audio. Not that i cut power to my unit after watching, and next time i watch movie, audio is ok, till black screen.

Samsung 32a646 is hooked via hdmi cable on wdtv. Also i put wdtv and hard disc on power switch since i was bothered by power off - idle power consumption (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) . So after wathching a movie and powering off wdtv i always cut power to the unit. Could that mess with wdtvs electronic? I will also try today upgrading to v.1.02.10 (now its ver.02.7), but somehow i dont believe that will help:|. Or could it be that my unit is malfunctioning?
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Sep 15 2009, 02:47 AM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    PangaDayWalker
    post Sep 21 2009, 06:50 AM
    Post #2

WDTV Mod

Member No.: 934

QUOTE (tolovaj @ Sep 15 2009, 05:47 AM) *
    Hi!

I have a problem with audio out of sync. After watching movie usualy for about 10 minutes picture suddenly goes black (and no audio), and after that every movie i play has a little annoying delay in audio. Not that i cut power to my unit after watching, and next time i watch movie, audio is ok, till black screen.

Samsung 32a646 is hooked via hdmi cable on wdtv. Also i put wdtv and hard disc on power switch since i was bothered by power off - idle power consumption (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) . So after wathching a movie and powering off wdtv i always cut power to the unit. Could that mess with wdtvs electronic? I will also try today upgrading to v.1.02.10 (now its ver.02.7), but somehow i dont believe that will help:|. Or could it be that my unit is malfunctioning?

There is a known issue with WDTV that cannot handles well when the container has a gap. Every gap generated causes more delay in the audio. If you stop the movie and continues from where you stoped it, it will solve the synch problem as well. I am not having the synch problems anymore since I am generating news MKV containers with internal subtitle. Since I started that, the synch stoped.

I just don't know about your black screen. Cable problem maybe? The only cases where I saw a black screen is where the cable is not supporting to trasnfer 1080p images with HD audio. Which is not your case.

Try to replace for a new cable just in case.

+Quote Post
    farisca
    post Sep 23 2009, 02:34 PM
    Post #3

WDTV USER

Member No.: 2,795

Hi..
    There is a soultion try this..

download this free Avidemux

http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/download.html

reindex the frames With avidemux, this option is found under the tools menu and is called "rebuild frames I&B". It is a simple process that is very quick and does not require re-encoding. is very fast only 5 seconds or 10 seconds takes.

after that save as the file as a new one.

then check (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
    plz reply if this works or not

Faris
    (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
    tolovaj
    post Sep 25 2009, 07:33 AM
    Post #4

WDTV USER

Member No.: 3,098

Thank u both for replies - i was quite busy this week, thats why im replying so late, sorry.
    To PangaDayWalker:
    Cable shuld be ok since its brand new, and black screen appears just once during viewtime - if cable was broken, t would go black on random occasions. Sound delay was problem for some avi and directly copied DVDs, since i usualy recode MKVs sound anyways. Though it seems that i overreacted at the time - not all movies generate a black screen and then delay, at least last time when i watched few movies it was ok. Will try to find time, to test again with same dvds which were problem.

To farisca:
    i will try that software too, when i find some time, tnx.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 12:02 PM