Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       Dlink DWA-125?, Can't get it to work
    ajh
    post Oct 30 2009, 10:04 AM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 4,929

I can't seem to get this to work http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=DWA-125

I've tried power cycling it the unit and everything.

Anyone have success?
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Oct 30 2009, 10:04 AM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    brucey
    post Nov 13 2009, 12:57 PM
    Post #2

WDTV USER

Member No.: 6,197

I think the issue is that it's not a compliant device as per WD recommended USB wireless devices

+Quote Post
    pplucky
    post Nov 17 2009, 07:54 AM
    Post #3

WDTV USER

Member No.: 6,432

Try upgrading your WD TV Live firmware (http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/updates/?family=wdfwdtv_live), as it seems this was added in last revision: http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/ph...hp?p_faqid=3805: New! D-Link USB Adapter DWA-125 Wireless 150

+Quote Post
    JayBee
    post Nov 25 2009, 01:44 AM
    Post #4

WDTV USER

Member No.: 7,013

Agree with the firmware upgrade. Even after that I still had problems getting it to automatically working, so here's what I did:

1. ADSL2+ Router Dynalink RTA1025W: upgraded to latest firmware - rebooted - still couldn't connect.
    2. Removed USB Adapter and plugged it directly into back of Router - recognised a wired connection but would still not set up automatically - so manually added an IP (192.168.1.33 - unique for my network), Subnet mask (255.255.255.0), Gateway (192.168.1.1 - same as my router IP), DNS (192.168.1.1) - still did not work (about to trash my system). Check network connection complained of "Incorrect DNS Server Address. Please check your network settings and try again". WD TV Live online help was no help at all.
    3. Finally - factory reset the Dynalink router. This removed my secure wireless network settings, so I set up a simple unsecured network. Tested network connection to my Brother wireless printer - it connected OK.
    4. Plugged in WD TV Live with USB Adapter this time. Powered on. Attempted to connect automatically. Failed. Set manual settings as 2 above. HALLELULA it worked.

Checked out YouTube and browsed my network. It now streams nicely from my DNS-323 - movies and music.

Just have to sort out the security side - but that can wait - in meantime, will just not broadcast the network name.

Thought I would share the issues and my solution - for what it's worth. So far, and this is only a week after purchase, and despite the setup problems, I'm now very happy with the quality of this little matchbox media player.

So the D-Link DWA-125 Wireless 150 USB Adapter does work - but you should check and update your wireless router firmware also if you are having problems (but only after having upgraded WD TV Live to latest firmware). Then, be prepared to factory reset if still having issues (remember that the login to your router gets reset also - most use admin login and admin password as default anyway).

Happy streaming out there .... JayBee

+Quote Post
    torinogt
    post Dec 18 2009, 08:50 PM
    Post #5

WDTV SEMI-PRO

Member No.: 8,946

i had to update the wdtv live firmware and then my dwa-125 worked like a charm.... thanks for the info guys..

+Quote Post
    The Content Chem...
    post Mar 5 2010, 04:47 AM
    Post #6

WDTV USER

Member No.: 14,238

i couldn't find the exact model recommended in in list of supported wireless USB adapters (DWA-125 Wireless Version A1: with FW 1.00), probably sold out at fry's. i bought the DWA-125 Wireless Rev 2A: with FW 1.3. when i plug it in to my WDTV, it doesn't even light up. not recognized at all.

have upgraded WDTV fw to 1.01.24, but still no luck.

please help!

+Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Mar 5 2010, 03:20 PM
    Post #7

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

Seems people have got it to work successfully. Did you try what JayBee posted above?

The pre-pelease beta firmware 1.02.14 seems to have a bunch of networking-related fixes in it, so you can try that, though you should remember that it is a beta and not a final release (which should be coming soon). If it doesn't work for you, you can always downgrade back to 1.01.24.

+Quote Post
    The Content Chem...
    post Mar 29 2010, 11:05 AM
    Post #8

WDTV USER

Member No.: 14,238

yes, have tried it. still no luck. guess i'll wait for new firmware.

+Quote Post
    leandrocn
    post Jul 12 2010, 06:57 PM
    Post #9

WDTV USER

Member No.: 22,015

QUOTE (The Content Chemist @ Mar 5 2010, 06:47 AM) *
    i couldn't find the exact model recommended in in list of supported wireless USB adapters (DWA-125 Wireless Version A1: with FW 1.00), probably sold out at fry's. i bought the DWA-125 Wireless Rev 2A: with FW 1.3. when i plug it in to my WDTV, it doesn't even light up. not recognized at all.

please help!

Neither me!... mine is same as yours (DWA-125 Ver A2 FW 1.30) ... WDTV FW is Release 1.02.21 (3/30/10) but usb device even light up... but on PC works fine
    Looking for sugestions...

+Quote Post
    Rev Drew
    post Jul 13 2010, 05:57 AM
    Post #10

Global Moderator
    Group Icon

Group: Global Mod :: Site Supporter
    Member No.: 10

your DWA-125 A2 is not on the compatible devices list.. A1 is but not A2

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/ph...amp;p_topview=1

+Quote Post
    cloon
    post Jul 28 2010, 08:59 PM
    Post #11

WDTV USER

Member No.: 22,916

Hi,

I have the same issue with a A2 revision. Do anybody know if WD often add new devices. ( It's my second device on the first one I have a rev A and it's working like a charm so I bought an other DWA-125 without noticing the DAMN hardware revision )

cloon

+Quote Post
    Spasch
    post Jul 29 2010, 05:41 AM
    Post #12

WDTV GURU

Member No.: 17,969

It doesn't happen particularly often, IME.. Have you looked at the release notes for the latest beta firmware from WD (and the beta release before that as there are a lot more changes in the previous beta)? Always possible it was added in..

+Quote Post
    cloon
    post Jul 29 2010, 06:38 PM
    Post #13

WDTV USER

Member No.: 22,916

Hi,

it does not seems to be in there either. ( and even if it was we can't get that release anymore (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) )

cloon_

+Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Jul 30 2010, 05:36 PM
    Post #14

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

QUOTE (cloon @ Jul 30 2010, 05:08 AM) *
    it does not seems to be in there either. ( and even if it was we can't get that release anymore (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) )

If you'd browse the site, you'd note that the download links here work fine.

+Quote Post
    Usmankkk
    post Oct 10 2011, 08:42 AM
    Post #15

WDTV USER

Member No.: 84,389

QUOTE (The Content Chemist @ Mar 5 2010, 12:47 PM) *

please help!

U have to upgrade the wdtv firmware to 1.06. I've got the dwa 125 150 version a2 firmware 1.3' and it works like a charm.

+Quote Post
    shenglu
    post Nov 1 2011, 07:56 PM
    Post #16

WDTV USER

Member No.: 90,013

This is my second device on the first one, I have a Rev A and work like a charm, so I bought this damn did not notice the hardware version, the other DWA-125..

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 08:35 PM