Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       Youtube Account Bug, Login to my account restarts the system
    mtguy
    post Nov 24 2009, 11:08 AM
    Post #1

WDTV SEMI-PRO

Group: Members
    Member No.: 6,262

Hi,

Whenever I try to login to my youtube account the system just restarts! Accessing youtube through other methods works fine.

I suspect that this may be due to the fact that I have no videos uploaded in my account (Only favorites and playlists) and since after login the system first looks for my videos it may be that it does not cater for the fact that one may not have videos in his account.

I will try to upload a video to my account and see how it goes...

Will keep you posted.

Andre`

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Nov 24 2009, 11:08 AM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    x2stew
    post Nov 25 2009, 10:29 AM
    Post #2

WDTV USER

Member No.: 7,102

i have the exact same problem with the new firmware ! i'm going to try downgrading to the original firmware to see if it clears it up.

+Quote Post
    mtguy
    post Nov 25 2009, 12:11 PM
    Post #3

WDTV SEMI-PRO

So I tried to upload a video in my YouTube account but the same problem persists. As x2stew pointed out, this problem happened just after I upgraded to the new firmware. Before I used to access my YouTube account without problems!

Now I tried creating a new YouTube account and successfully managed to log in. From what I gathered the account that yielded the problem uses a Gmail login (as you can access YouTube by using your Gmail login details). This time I re-subscribed directly with YouTube and the new account seams to be working without a glitch. Unfortunately this does not answer the fact that before the firmware upgrade my Gmail account also worked (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post
    x2stew
    post Nov 25 2009, 07:21 PM
    Post #4

WDTV USER

my youtube account is with a gmail address login as well (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) I really don't want to create a new youtube account that isn't linked to my gmail account. surely this can be fixed...

+Quote Post
    Mikael
    post Nov 26 2009, 03:06 AM
    Post #5

WDTV PRO

Member No.: 5,689

Try logging in with just your username (ie. don't include the @gmail or @hotmail). Maybe try logging in on the actual youtube website to make sure you have the right information and then try it on the WDTV Live. I have the latest firmware and it is working fine for me.

+Quote Post
    mtguy
    post Nov 26 2009, 12:13 PM
    Post #6

WDTV SEMI-PRO

I did not include the @gmail.com in the username. The account used to work before the Firmware update.

+Quote Post
    Mikael
    post Nov 26 2009, 02:44 PM
    Post #7

WDTV PRO

Maybe try changing your password through youtube.com and then try logging in again through the WDTV Live? Mine worked before and after the firmware update, so I am not sure why yours isn't working.

+Quote Post
    x2stew
    post Nov 27 2009, 06:29 PM
    Post #8

WDTV USER

Mikael, are you using a "<username>@gmail.com" login for youtube?

+Quote Post
    HDStreamer
    post Nov 30 2009, 05:38 AM
    Post #9

WDTV USER

Member No.: 7,495

I have the latest firmware. I used the Youtube account (associated with gmail) and login in failed. I then tried my gmail account (i.e. username@gmail.com and password) to login successfully.

Even though "My Videos" is empty 'cause i did not upload any, i can see play the content of my "Playlists" and "Favourites".

All the best.

+Quote Post
    Mikael
    post Nov 30 2009, 01:00 PM
    Post #10

WDTV PRO

QUOTE (x2stew @ Nov 27 2009, 06:29 PM) *
    Mikael, are you using a "<username>@gmail.com" login for youtube?

I am just using the <username> part...you don't need the @gmail.com or @whatever.com...at least I didn't.

+Quote Post
    yp514
    post Dec 2 2009, 09:01 PM
    Post #11

WDTV USER

Member No.: 7,705

I have the exact same problem. Since last update. And they're actually supposed to have fixed a problem like this one, according to the changelog, but they've actually created it for me!!

+Quote Post
    paulgarb
    post Dec 3 2009, 09:48 AM
    Post #12

WDTV SEMI-PRO

Member No.: 7,725

I was confused by YouTube logins - tried last night (with new firmware) & could not get favourites to WDTV box

I took a look at the Google Dashboard (http://www.google.com/dashboard) and under youtube I saw (a) what i thought was my youtube login but on youtube itself I am told I am logged in via google - changed theWDTV login to the google login and all worked fine

Strikes me this could be as much about google confusion as WDTV confusion or indeed WDTV plugging a hole deriving form that confusion.

+Quote Post
    x2stew
    post Dec 9 2009, 10:45 PM
    Post #13

WDTV USER

QUOTE (yp514 @ Dec 2 2009, 09:01 PM) *
    I have the exact same problem. Since last update. And they're actually supposed to have fixed a problem like this one, according to the changelog, but they've actually created it for me!!

i sure hope you have better luck with getting it fixed by WD than I did. they told me to RMA the unit !!! idiots.

fwiw, i tried downgrading the firmware to 1.01.00 and the problem remained. it doesn't matter if i log in to you tube with "username@gmail.com" or with just "user123" -- it crashes the box everytime.

+Quote Post
    vvv
    post Dec 28 2009, 10:07 PM
    Post #14

WDTV USER

Member No.: 9,760

I had the same problem.
    Recently bought a box. Failed to login into my youtube account (the box either restarted or shown everything like favorites, playlist empty).
    Linked the youtube account to my google account (http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/...mp;answer=69964)
    After that - no problem - logged in with the google username/password (didn't tried the youtube username after linking)
    Also, don't know if it was relevant, changed my password to have more than 8 characters before linking.
    I upgraded to the latest as of Dec, 27 firmware (something...11)

Hope, this helps, cheers

+Quote Post
    greenflash
    post Oct 11 2010, 12:23 PM
    Post #15

WDTV USER

Member No.: 27,679

Thanks for the info! CONFIRMED, here using the userid@gmail.com and email password worked fine and got my favourites in wdtv live!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 08:21 PM