Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       WDTV live keeps restarting when ethernet cable plugged
    oasisngn
    post Nov 30 2009, 01:15 PM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 7,524

my new wd tv live keeps restarting in every 20-30 second..

so far I narrowed the cause of the problem by eliminating most of the factors in my environment. I want to write the progress here since there is nothing in the forums about this problem. I was planning to return the unit back to mediamarkt but it seems that I will not need...
    Symptoms:
    - no network cable no reset problem
    - upgraded to latest firmware, still crashing after reboot.
    - wire or wireless (samsung wireless 802.11n usb dongle) does not matter,after getting the the ip from dhcp it reboots.
    - internet connection does not make sense, I tried to give manual IP (without default gw or with def gw) it keeps rebooting
    - dhcp or manuel IP does not matter.
    - I realised that the problem is inside my network since I connected the unit with a crossover cable to my laptop and it did not crashed. which means that the hardware/ethernet port is not faulty.

- there was a windows vista media center version Mini PC (Asus PX24) on the network and when I disconnect that PC from the network, WDTV live stop rebooting (yep I found the cause)
    - I disabled the running services and programs on PX24, the samsung share manager ( dlna software) ,etc but could not find the cause yet.
    - I will trace, using ethereal, to see which packet/protocol crashes the WDTV but its so interesting that the wdtv-live is this much buggy. I think they released it in alpha stage to catch the cristmas season.

Update:

I saw that wd tv live trying to talk UPNP with the PX24 and WDTV is trying to send 200 OK to a closed port of the PX24 ( I dont want to debug the protocol (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
    TCP *:53478 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
    [MediaMallServer.exe]

I just stopped Playon Media Server process on the PC and now everything seems ok .... for those who has similar problem may consider disconnecting each network device to find the cause.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Nov 30 2009, 01:15 PM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    broesel
    post Feb 9 2010, 05:26 PM
    Post #2

WDTV USER

Member No.: 12,625

Hello

nearly similar problem here.

I bought the WD TV LIVE 3 weeks ago. Everythings works fine playing movies from my win vista computer.
    One and a half week ago a bought a WD USB HD, to watch videos without my pc. This works fine, till i reinstalled my pc cause of hd crash.

Now the crime starts (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
    Suddenly the Unit reboots or hangs up after a few minutes. I recognized, when i unplug the hd from the player and whatch over network, everything works fine. At the other hand, the hd works fine on 2 pcs. I copied 500 GB to the disk and back to the pc without errors. Strange problem i thought.
    Today, after 4 very frustrating days, i found your post.

Now it works for 30 minutes. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Wish me luck and big thanks for your post in this forum (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

greetings broesel

ps: sorry for my bad english ... im no nativ speaker (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

UPDATE: It seems, that one of the Win Vista Services caued the Problem. I disabled "SSDP-Search" and "Windows Media Center Extender Service". Now my Problem is solved. The Problem only occures, when the HD is connected to the WD and the WD to the Network with my Win Vista 64 PC with the 2 Servcies enabled and the WD shares his HD to the network.

+Quote Post
    Jacques1969
    post Oct 11 2011, 04:35 AM
    Post #3

WDTV USER

Member No.: 85,479

Same issue here, worked fine all the time and then suddenly started rebooting. Rebooting cycles through continuously and only stops if ethernet connection removed. I tried everything to resolve the issue and was about to throw the WD Live into the bin when I found this post. I disconnected my pc from the network and the rebooting stopped...go figure! Now just need to find out wtf is causing it.

Many thanks B

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 07:04 PM