Forum - Index
Welcome to the WDTVFORUMS, Please register.

WD TV HD the media player by Western Digital plays almost any Movie format and Music format. Please take the time to register and show support as well as give support for all WD TV models. Use the link below to register and enjoy all the advantages of being a member, enter upcoming contests, see all the images and enjoy all the downloadable content the forum has to offer. Thank you and see you on the boards!

• REGISTER HERE! (fast and free)

• Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
       Music Player Wish List
    raaaabert
    post Dec 11 2009, 10:11 AM
    Post #1

WDTV USER

Group: Members
    Member No.: 7,290

I use my WDTV Live as a music player alot as I dont have a stereo.

1. Ability to select a folder and play all subfolders. Ie select an Artists folder - PLAY - will sequentially play all albums in the artists folder. Is this difficult....

2. Again, individual songs do not have picture covers, so have the lowest level thumbnail view at the album level. When individual songs are played they show the albums thumbnail. I would have thought this is pretty obvious.

3...... nah that will do for now. Great piece of kit. Love it.

Raaaabert
    Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
    post Dec 11 2009, 10:11 AM
    Post #

SITE SUPPORT

Group: Bot

Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Dec 11 2009, 02:26 PM
    Post #2

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

Re. #2, what does the Live display in case of MP3s or other audio files that have cover art embedded in them? According to the manual the art should be displayed I guess.

+Quote Post
    MikeM
    post Dec 15 2009, 05:59 PM
    Post #3

WDTV USER

Member No.: 4,425

Agree. I have music folders nested. I should be able to press play on a folder and randomly play everything in the lower subfolders.
    IE if my christmas music is organized as Christmas/artist/album I should be able to press play on any folder/subfolder and play it's contents, down to the bottom level, As it is now, it only plays the music files in the folder level where play is pressed. Thus if play were pressed on the christmas or artist, no music files would be discovered.

Tversity can do this.

+Quote Post
    tartiflette
    post Jan 17 2010, 05:03 AM
    Post #4

WDTV USER

Member No.: 11,247

+1!

+Quote Post
    Dragon
    post Apr 12 2010, 12:24 PM
    Post #5

WDTV USER

Member No.: 16,782

Yes, I agree, it should be a simple process to interate through all susequent folders belonging to parent folder.

I would however like another feature as I am using Twonky to serve out my media which solves this issue.

I would like to see an active Now Playing list. Being able to select a few individual tracks without having to go to the pc and create a playlist would be very nice. The next song info is a nice touch, I'd just like more control of what the next song might be.

Thanks!

+Quote Post
    adamski_p
    post Jun 9 2010, 10:15 AM
    Post #6

WDTV SEMI-PRO

Member No.: 20,216

I agree, being able to create playlists on the wdtv live would be awesome!

+Quote Post
    stef.pillaert
    post Aug 13 2010, 03:43 AM
    Post #7

WDTV USER

Member No.: 11,577

Also, the possibility to use other tags ("composer" or "author" for instance), which is very usefull with classical music.

+Quote Post
    Terziakis
    post Feb 16 2011, 03:26 PM
    Post #8

WDTV USER

Member No.: 31,628

Ok, I have waited enough, I thought that I bought media player, it plays movies ok, no problems there, but music, Holy S**T, my phone does that better.. Hell, I want to play one song from that folder, and next from another folder etc. but I can't do any kind of "songlist", do I have to watch when first song is over and then manually change to next song (from another folder), I have owned that piece of crap over year, and all new firmwares are only some internetshiit, but I bought mediaplayer, I'm so dissapointed...

+Quote Post
    WDUser
    post Feb 17 2011, 03:50 AM
    Post #9

WDTV GEEK
    Group Icon

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 6,287

FWIW, I used the player a few times to play my music and then just gave up. It is painfully clear that music playback is not its forte, and will never be. It is only an add-on feature over and above the ability to play videos, and lacks so many things that would make it halfway usable. I have plenty of other devices to play back my music, so I don't really care (plus I knew WD would never do anything about it; it's enough if they can somehow manage to get video playback right).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
    Delete cookies set by this board · Mark all posts as read
    Time is now: 24th November 2014 - 02:02 PM